Rocbola Posted November 30, 2016 Author Report Posted November 30, 2016 OK, let's try this again. Sorry about the first one; didn't know. Not trying to start any kind of heated versus type of debate between brands, but i would genuinely like to hear people's experience on sub set ups. The amp is a 1000/1 JL, and i currently have it on a single 15 rated for 750 RMS. It's too much for that woofer. I have decided to upgrade. I started looking at JL subs, but the only sub i really love from them is the very costly W7 line, and i can't afford it right away. Therefore, i am looking for a budget set up to get me through the winter. What i want: Be under $400, including wood for box build, or prefab. I already have enough carpet, screws and glue laying around. Fit into space of 38"W X 21"D x 18"H My tastes are probably 60% SQ, 40% SPL. I love woofers that are accurate, and not overpowering, when i listen to music, but can still make me feel like i'm in a nightclub when i listen to rap or electronic music. Thinking 3-4 10's, 2 12's, or 2 15's. Not sure if the 10's will give me the lows i love, but not sure if the 15s will give me the clarity. I've done 2-12s so many times over the last 16 years that i've been into car audio, i kind of want to do something different, but still open to it. Do this: Custom box: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Ported-Sub-Enclosure-Box-for-1-15-American-Bass-XFL-4-0-CU-FT-38-Hz-/322343193193?hash=item4b0d26ca69:g:N54AAOSw44BYLRUU Then get one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/American-Bass-XFL1522-1000W-RMS-15-Dual-2-Ohm-XFL-Series-Car-Subwoofer-/291813022836?hash=item43f1695c74:g:STMAAOSwuzRXfn4I&vxp=mtr And this shit will SLAM. American Bass makes some good shit, and this box is gonna make this shit loud with those dual aeroports. If I were you, I'd do this. That woofer is actually up there on my list right now. Maybe.
dolarbilz Posted November 30, 2016 Report Posted November 30, 2016 You don't need w7 grab one off these. http://www.ficaraudio.com/product/q-series-q18neo/ Get another jl 1000 Put one amp per coil Then let your ears have sex to sonic bliss That looks like a fucking sexy woofer. No room for an 18 in my trunk, but i am looking at 18s for the Suburban. They make 15's too
bmwking Posted December 1, 2016 Report Posted December 1, 2016 i went from 4 type r 12s to 2 amercian bass xfl 12s. ill never buy alpine again. 1k rms (conservative) and god they just hammer for the price. can be had for $170 a sub online Thank you. I'll check into those. They slam hard, but how are they on normal music? fantastic. i listen to everything from black metal to hardcore to edm/pop and literally everything in between. havent put something through them that they didnt respond well to. however thats going to be more based on the enclosure than anything else. i have about 2.25cu ft per sub tuned to around 37hz. having a line driver with a knob helps for on the fly adjustments per song too
Rocbola Posted December 1, 2016 Author Report Posted December 1, 2016 OK, decision has been made, order has been placed. I went with a single American Bass XFL 1544. Dual 4 ohm 15" 1000W RMS subwoofer. A very close second choice was 2-15" Rockford Fosgate p3s. I was also looking at using 2 Sundown e-15s. But i figure with the AB XFL, i can expand if i choose with a second sub. Or if i don't like it, i'm only out $200 plus wood costs. Now i guess, it's time to go buy some wood, and start planning my box. Thanks everyone for your comments. I'll post a new thread with pics and/or videos when the project starts.
Rocbola Posted December 15, 2016 Author Report Posted December 15, 2016 Got it in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfyPwHElRSo
Karkov Posted December 15, 2016 Report Posted December 15, 2016 I like the editing in that video, lol I did not see/hear part of the video where the new sub was playing though?!?! I know you will love the American Bass XFl line, they sound really nice IMO 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Rocbola Posted December 15, 2016 Author Report Posted December 15, 2016 I like the editing in that video, lol I did not see/hear part of the video where the new sub was playing though?!?! I know you will love the American Bass XFl line, they sound really nice IMO I will do some demo vids in the near future. I have some things taken apart right now; i'm going to re-wire the front stage and take out the rear dash speakers. So far, i am pretty impressed. I rode to work the other day thinking it sounded quite nice, listening to mostly softer music, then right as i was pulling up, Yelawolf's Box Chevy 3 came on the shuffle. I walked in and started telling my co-workers about my new sub, and what i got back was, "Uhm, yea, i could tell when you pulled up..."
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.