Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Ext cab window rattling.


Recommended Posts

Posted

Stop being so loud? Find where the window is making contact and try putting like a foam or dampening material there? Maybe around the whole rim of the window if you can. I'm really not sure, just spit balling here.

Posted

I was thinking about using some of that window foam stuff at home depot or should i use that seal stuff they use on windshield repair ? I dont care if i seal them shut. I dont ever open them anyways

Posted

Second skin makes a rope type deadener that would work perfectly.

Posted

Ordered it cant wait to stop that damn rattling. Thanks guys

Post if it works. I have the same issue

Posted

I took silicone and sealed mine to where they can no longer open and it worked fine in my 95 chevy.

Which silocone ? I'm willing to do that tomorrow

Posted

I took silicone and sealed mine to where they can no longer open and it worked fine in my 95 chevy.

Which silocone ? I'm willing to do that tomorrow

regular black silicone worked fine up until I had 2 15's on 7k at the windown line, then I PL'd them shut and they are still held tight.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Posted

I took silicone and sealed mine to where they can no longer open and it worked fine in my 95 chevy.

Which silocone ? I'm willing to do that tomorrow

regular black silicone worked fine up until I had 2 15's on 7k at the windown line, then I PL'd them shut and they are still held tight.

So I should go right to the PL :) 8x ?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 752 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...