SSA ICON 12/ PSI PR 15 SEALED BOX - SONATA TRUNK

Thanks for the kind words guys:) yea I love the sub, sounds bomb diggity, real good sound quality wise. It would be nice if I could get it a bit louder tho. Imma try rear facing it later today. Copied this from the beginning of post, cuz I'm still wondering - I found the sonic electronics video where they state how to set amp gains, and they say (v^2 / Ohms) = Watts your giving to the sub. So I first measured her at 4.5 ohms, and later on yesterday measured her at 4 ohms...at the hardest of bass drops it's putting out 75 volts, so (75^2 / 4) = 1400 watts or 1250 at 4.5 ohms. Is this right? Cuz most people would run it at 1 ohm, to get the most power from amp, and the amp supposedly only does 375 watts at 4 ohms, but I'm getting 75 volts and its not turned up all the way. so idk

The only way to properly set gains is a dd1 or an oscope. Without those u might as well set it by ear. Also if you seal up around the sub enclosure so that none of the bass goes back into the trunk it will be louder.

I think once you turn the box around you will be pleasantly surprised at how much more output you get.

There is a map on here that shows where someone nearby with a DD-1 lives.

http://www.easymapmaker.com/map/07b8a5c187dae6b87933b0458f8ba311

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

Update: Noticed some mechanical-like weird noises, maybe some air leaking. Thought I stripped a screw the first time I put in the sub, didn't think it would make a difference. Half the screw wasn't even touching wood. I used plastic wood to fill in all the screw holes, and any seams that weren't great. I put 1.5 lbs of polyfill in my 1.08 cube box. So if it works as it should, the sub would act like it's in a 1.38 cube box. I wired her down to 1 ohm. And put rope cord weatherstripping where the sub mounts to the box. Predrilled holes, and mounted her again. Still sounded pretty bad, half decent on 2/3rds of the notes, quiet and bad on the other third. Turned her towards the trunk, cranked her up and ohmagerd. Sounds great and loud!:) ordered an xs v3400, cuz I was excited about getting it and junk then realized that I needed the reversed terminals so i guess I'm getting another battery, the d3400r for under the hood, and putting the v3400 in the trunk. Don't think I'll need it for 1500 watts, but I guess it wont hurt.

http://www.moodym.com/audio/fiber.html

http://i.imgur.com/dZAGfmk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/INNoYwn.jpg

Putting a D3400R under my hood was probably the most significant upgrade I did to my car stereo wise. Not to mention the easiest.

I knew you would like the sub better rear-firing.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

Great job man, looks clean.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 8 months later...

Update: Well here's a bunch of stuff I did since my last build log update in December. They're not in a good order. srry.

I deadened the 4 doors- sky high, and luxury lined the front 2. Haven't put the other few sheets in. I didn't get any recent pics of the doors, ill take a couple later. 

Butyl rope in the focal mounting brackets, and under the mounting flange on all speakers, except the focals.

1.85 ft3 net 1.5 in birch. 150g on the pr atm, 42 hz tuning. Should sound gud up until 500g, 30hz tuning. We'll see. It kills lows as is, and the reconed icon isn't broken in yet. I guess neither is the pr, haha.

SSA icon 12, psi high excursion passive radiator 15, ssa 2200rms monoblock, ssa 4 channel, us acoustics 4 channel, 2 crescendo supers, 2 ssa tweets, 4 ssa midbasses, and 2 focal 7x10 3 way 100rms speakers.

Ojhu6b9.jpg

w32uS4C.jpg6lTpl73.jpgUjuvrwJ.jpgk0atBQQ.jpgLyaCJaf.jpgqzxFEDQ.jpgrMC6qZh.jpgohcZum2.jpgFlrFIJf.jpgslOd5jJ.jpgw32uS4C.jpg

• Parker Grundy changed the title to SSA ICON 12/ PSI PR 15 SEALED BOX - SONATA TRUNK

Archived