Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Running another 1/0 gauge to rear ?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Right now my system is 4K RMS and my voltage drops are low 13,s at stop lights . I have a 250amp alt and kinetic HC 1800 up front running to 5 kinetic HC 600's in the rear . My question is if I do 2 or 3 runs of 1/0 gauge to the rear batteries will it help my voltage drops or am I wasting money.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Posted

Sounds like you need another alt.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Posted

Thanks guys it's hard to find bigger alt's for F150's most sits are just 250.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Posted

I have a Ford Expedition and also have a 250 alt. I did a second run and it helped. It allowed me to slam a lot longer before it started to dip. I'm in the same boat with the alt (nothing bigger out there for us).

Posted

I have a Ford Expedition and also have a 250 alt. I did a second run and it helped. It allowed me to slam a lot longer before it started to dip. I'm in the same boat with the alt (nothing bigger out there for us).

. Thanks I'm gonna run at least 1 more run , I got wire laying around just need to buy ring terminals hope it helps even just alittle , thanks to everyone for guick responds Merry Christmas guys .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Posted

I think I am going to add a second run now. Lol. Merry Christmas!

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Posted

I have two R.F. 2500bd-cp's wired to one KInetik HC1800 and a second HC1800 wired in parallel. Then I took 2 runs of SkyHigh zero guage and ran one straight to my alternator and hooked the ground to the outside of the alternator and barely get any voltage drop at max with my 2010 Malibu stock alternator.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1068 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...