Colby88    3

Ok so I recently bought a scv-3000 amplifier and I was planning on putting it in my truck. But. I still have the stock alternator. So my question for y'all is it possible to still run the amp just don't crank it up where it pulls too much amps? 

Kyblack76    11,344

And what impedance are you wiring to, and stock alt from what rig ?

Colby88    3

I have 0 gauge of OFC wire for ground and power. I have a AGM 65 dry cell battery and a stock battery up front. Independence is 1 ohm and it's for a 1999 Chevy Tahoe 

RooTxBeeR    720

Your wiring is up to bar, you have stock alt as well? If that is the case you don't have enough power to feed it fully. Get that alternator changed out and you won't have anything to worry about. Until then though just try not to go under 12v volts. 

Colby88    3
41 minutes ago, RooTxBeeR said:

Your wiring is up to bar, you have stock alt as well? If that is the case you don't have enough power to feed it fully. Get that alternator changed out and you won't have anything to worry about. Until then though just try not to go under 12v volts. 

So I can use it all I want as long as I don't push it under 12 volts? It won't damage it?

It might go under 12 on peaks. To be safe, only turn it up until the volt meter starts to bounce.

RooTxBeeR    720
6 hours ago, Colby88 said:

So I can use it all I want as long as I don't push it under 12 volts? It won't damage it?

Yeah just make sure that it is tuned properly regardless. Going under 12v is risky, especially if you are going under 12v because of the lack of power to supply the demand.