Sonic Electronix

First "Real" Sub installed...barely any output? Help!!

Two G31 would probably do it.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

glad you posted what the issue was. a lot of people dont and they just leaves us in the middle there.   now you too can be that guy that looks under your freinds car and says - nice 1 guage power wire ,but that 8 guage ground has to go dude!- lol 

if my ears dont buzz. you need more ..

2 hours ago, x infektid x said:

glad you posted what the issue was. a lot of people dont and they just leaves us in the middle there.   now you too can be that guy that looks under your freinds car and says - nice 1 guage power wire ,but that 8 guage ground has to go dude!- lol 

lol nah i had 0 gauge all around, it was just grounded in a bad location and not "properly"

What kind of starter battery do you have up front? If you are going to be putting an XS Power AGM battery in the back you're probably gonna need to have your starter battery be an AGM as well. AGM batteries like to be connected to other AGM batteries. Doesn't necessarily have to be the same brand but it should be the same type (AGM). 

On 1/19/2017 at 5:04 AM, Knocker said:

What kind of starter battery do you have up front? If you are going to be putting an XS Power AGM battery in the back you're probably gonna need to have your starter battery be an AGM as well. AGM batteries like to be connected to other AGM batteries. Doesn't necessarily have to be the same brand but it should be the same type (AGM). 

I cant remember off the top of my head but i know it isnt an AGM so good to know. looking into AGMs now

On 1/18/2017 at 10:03 PM, NeverSettle4Midz said:

Update!! Redid my grounds and that seemed to be the problem. Sub seems to be pounding now but one more issue im having is when im running full tilt at idle my amp goes into protect mode due to voltage drop. I was hoping the 350amp alt would be enough to maintain voltage at idle but its looking like ill need a backup battery. I just bought a starter battery less than a half of a year ago so i was hoping to just keep that one up front and just run an XS Power battery in the back with the sub as my second battery. What size XS Power Battery would you guys recommend? I really dont want to have to deal with voltage drop at all. 

What alternator? at idle your 350a might only be putting out like 150a. A second battery certainly isn't going to hurt but it will only buy you a little more time before you drain both of them and then you are back to an amp in protect (or worse, a blown amp). Try reeving up your engine to say 2000-2500 rpm and holding it there while going full tilt and see how your voltage holds up. 

Archived