Sundown Audio

My amps won't turn on! :(

Wannabe

9 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

Yes the head unit is in and yes I'm tied to the remote on the back of it and nothing 

Is some sort of source on? Most headunits won't give power to the remote if there isn't a source. Make sure some sort of source is on USB, radio, aux, etc. I've had this problem before, it was driving me nuts lol.

53 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

I know and I'm sivk of ordering stuff and waiting and all so I just bout a 30 amp on and off switch I will mount under the dash for them and my volt meter

You're going need a digital multi meter anyway so you can calibrate your dash volt meter.

You can buy a cheap digital voltmeter at sears for under $20.00

Also when you are grounding connections to your car frames and whatnot, make sure you scrape off all the paint before making the connection.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Link us the amp you are using. Take a picture of where your amp ground is connected to.

Did you connect a ground run from front battery to the amp or did you ground the amp to a car frame somewhere?

On one of my old car audio set ups i just ran the ground to a car frame in the trunk

image025-1.jpg

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

I mean you could always do it the old school way and find a wire that's hot when the key is on and splice a remote wire off it. It's not the best or cleanest way but it worked for a lot of people back in the day. A switch works too but it's a pretty easy thing to forget about when you jump out of your ride.

Is the H/U installed?

I ask this cause maybe the remote wire is damaged or something else may have happened.

I myself prefer to wire the H/U last and laying on the seat and power it up checking everything is in working order before sliding it in to make 100% certain something didn't get jacked up during install or wiring.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I just wired up a switch and everything works like aa charm! 

Thabks guys sorry this was a headache it was pissing me off bad so I just bout a switch

this is my first build, i have been waiting 4-5 years to have this done

95 chevy 2 door tahoe 5.7

Xs power d3400

Singer 275amp alternator

Big 3 - all Knukonceptz Kolossus Fleks 0ga/ knu Fuses an holders

Sundown SAE-1500d

Mbquart onyx OA800.4

Stinger 4400 series RCAs and stinger volt meter

Fi Q NEO 18, 7.5 cubes tuned 32hz

Pioneer MVH-X690BS H/U

Kicker CSS 6.5 comp sets in front doors

Kicker KSC 4x10 coaxials in rear

GTMAT and FAT MAT deadner

Xenon 10k Blue HIDs

Just now, Wannabe said:

I just wired up a switch and everything works like aa charm! 

Thabks guys sorry this was a headache it was pissing me off bad so I just bout a switch

Glad you got it working. On my setup, my amps turn off when I take my faceplate off the headunit ~_~. I just tapped the Volt Meter into one of my amps Positive + Negative and the amps' Remote Wire connection.

Archived