For a few months we have been with Dish Network (Hopper 3 reciever), anyway one of the apps we can use is Netflix. For some reason one of the TVs will not allow you to watch more than 2 or 3 episodes at a time before it freezes up. Yet the other TVs or computer you can watch an entire series with no problem. I have talked to Dish, my internet provider and even Netflix yet no one can tell me why this happens. I have even tried upgrading the internet to a higher speed, that didn't help either. Anyone have any clue as to why this is happening and what I can try to fix it? 

freezing makes me think there is a compatibility issue, not an issue with internet speed of the netflix app itself.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

1 hour ago, reedal said:

Is there anything different with that one tv than the others?

Not really. The TV that has the problem and the one in my room are both LCD TVs, the TV in the living room is an old CRT style TV. 

1 hour ago, ChevyBoy95 said:

freezing makes me think there is a compatibility issue, not an issue with internet speed of the netflix app itself.

What could the compatiblity issue be? The joey and hopper shouldn't have that issue. 

The only time i ever had an issue was with the google chromecast that would lock up all the time on an older tv, and once i switched to the new roku stick with the 4 core processor everything runs pretty sweet. Most likely you have a compatibility issue, what TV and source are you streaming from? My samsung TAB A was not compatible with googles chromecast so it would lose sync between audio and video.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

11 hours ago, Skullz said:

The only time i ever had an issue was with the google chromecast that would lock up all the time on an older tv, and once i switched to the new roku stick with the 4 core processor everything runs pretty sweet. Most likely you have a compatibility issue, what TV and source are you streaming from? My samsung TAB A was not compatible with googles chromecast so it would lose sync between audio and video.

The TV is a Sylvania that I got about 2 years ago. The streaming is from a Dish Network hopper 3 to a Joey about 15 or 20 feet away. I think the Hopper 3 has a built in SlingTV. With both the Hopper and Joey being from Dish, compatibility should be there, but not to say something can't go wrong. 

25 minutes ago, Skullz said:

Might be something up with the joey then if it is locking up on just that tv.

Try switching it to another tv and see if you still have the same problem.

I have tried that, it only happens on the one TV. I have 3 TVs and only one has the problem. I switched the joeys thinking that would fix it and nope. 

Archived