Anzu007 Posted January 29, 2017 Report Posted January 29, 2017 Hi, I have a car in which I did a car audio install but I did not want to replace the factory nav/radio so I bought a Fiio e17k Alpen 2, a portable DAC/AMP. I'm using my phone as source connected via usb so it uses the fiio's DAC instead of the phones. The Fiio has a line in/out connection in which I used a 3.5mm splitter to connect an aux cable to the factory radio and another rca cable to connect to the amplifier. My sub has only rca inputs (Hifonics BE2500.1D) so I'm assuming it only takes low level signal and no speaker level signal. Is there any way to tell whether the line out on the fiio e17k is sending low level or high level signal? I tested it with the hifonics amp gains at 1,500 watts and it sounds very nice and clean but I have no way of knowing if the amp internals are being damaged. Any help would be appreciated.
reedal Posted January 29, 2017 Report Posted January 29, 2017 You're sending high level to the amp. It's fine. The amp will filter the signal out before it goes to the sub. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.