Help with amp wiring!!! Stupid question

I have what is most likely a stupid question. But I have a 4 channel amp that does 230 rms per channel at 2 ohms and 460 rms bridged at 4 ohms. I have 8 8" 4ohm vocal drivers. My question is should I run the amp 2 ohms per channel or bridged at 4 ohms. I know there's no power difference. But would there be any difference of benefit to bridging at 4 ohms?

No, there will be no difference. The efficiency of the amp will be the same either way. Wire it in the manner which is easiest to manage :)

It will be the same either way. Same as to what reedal said, it might be easier to wire it up one way vs the other.

Alpine cde143bt/ Alpine ktp445u (4x45 amp)

2 Crescendo STS 1 (on alpine 4x45 on 2 channel mode)

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5's in front doors (Skar RP150.4)

1 Sundown zv3 12, SAE1500D.

Box is 2.5 cubes tuned to 30hz.

but each channel be outputting the full 2ohm voltage. Would it still have the same benefits of running 4ohm stereo in regards to heat and efficiency?

I realize it probably doesn't matter for this guy but still I am curious.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

8 ohm bridged is still 4ohm per channel. but some argue series then  parallel vs parallel then series. one is suppose to be better. use the  KISS method

No, 4ohm bridged x2 channels vs 2ohm stereo x4 channels will (theoretically) have the same efficiency and quality because each channel is still seeing 2ohm when you're bridged at 4ohm. Testing would need to be done to prove it, but that is what the math says. 4/2=2. 

Edit: duck beat me to it :)

Archived