Sundown Audio

Amp not getting enough power?

cheatcode

well, i have tried to ask as many questions as i can. You seem to be very very knowledgeable about this so i dont know why you asked in the first place. Good luck man. Wish i could have helped. Seems beyond me what is wrong.

Almost everyone here sets there gains with headunit at MAX unclipped signal. If ur headunit clips at 33 out of 35, id set the gains on the amp with my headunit volume at 32(right below clipping). Then if u have the DD-1+ you can even set ur gain overlaps. Just disconect ur speaker wires from the amp and try it out. Maybe ur issue will be fixed, wont hurt anything with ur speakers outputs not connected to the amp. 

i know my amps gains are no where near 1v and i have a head unit with 5v  outputs. they are very close to 5v on the gain dial on the amps. i have seen numerous people who have gains set very close to their actual headunit voltage. once again, i think if you are losing 4v AC over 15 feet of wire you have an issue. You do realize that AC voltage inherently  has very minimal losses across great lengths. that is why your house runs on AC voltage. it does not suffer losses across a distance like DC voltage does. AC voltage can retain its state across miles and miles of wire. you think 15ft of wire will cause a 4v drop you are delusional. that being said, i wish i could help, but i think you are leaving out some information.  

59 minutes ago, cheatcode said:

I know reading isn't one of your fortes but as I've stated previously it doesn't help.

1 hour ago, cheatcode said:

i don't know how else to explain that. if i turn my HU all the way up it'll do "close to" the rated, but i don't set my gains like that. i turn the volume down to 26 "from 35" and when you lower the volume it lowers the output voltage.

I can read. So which one is it? Close to rated sounds like what you are after.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

1 hour ago, 06RTCharger said:

What happens that makes u think your amp isnt getting enough power? Where did this issue even start from.

^^this is what I want to know.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

32 minutes ago, mbdblue said:

^^this is what I want to know.

This whole damn forum is a joke. If you look at my very first post you will see my amp isn't doing what it's rated to do.

06, if you knew how to find "max" you'd understand that voltage fluctuates more towards the upper end of your volume.
duck, idk what else to say, i'm not losing voltage in my rca's, there's no issue with my hu or rca's at all. ~1v is coming out of the HU and I'm getting ~1v at the end of my 25' rca. i've explained this irrelevant fact to exhaustion. you're worrying yourself with color bicycle at this point. my hu does 4.7v out, but it doesn't do it with the main volume at 26, it's impossible. your HU doesn't do rated output regardless of what you have the volume set to. everything is functioning normal aside from the fact my amp isn't doing rated power.

shade, my hu does rated power - my "amp" does not. if you could read you'd see that. i'd quote everything for you but i don't think it'd do you any good. you're about as helpful as a one legged man at an ass kicking competition.

for 06 and duck -> 

Archived