Second Skin Audio

2 Alpine Type R 15 Getting hot

So.. I had one Alpine type R 15 (4 ohm dvc)  in 4cuft box(32hz tune) on Hifonics brutus bxi6000d (2kw on 2ohm) with 0 gauge wire, 75a alt, 2x 55ah batteries and it was working like a charm.. subwoofer was moving 15-20mm in one way no smell and he was cool.. and now I put another Type R 15 so two alpines wired to 1 ohm  (3kw on 1ohm) and subwoofers are not moving even 8mm in one way  but getting hot.. do you know where could be problem? My lights are not dimming so I think electrical is good enoguh. what you think?

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_1.jpg

17407607_1784851558500785_645324811_o.jpg

Is the amp clipping? Did you put both subs in 4 cubic feet?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Just to be sure, I'd suggest doing the pop test. Unhook your wire going to the subs from the amp, briefly touch the wires to the terminals on a 9 volt battery. Both cones should move the same direction and roughly the same amount. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

6 minutes ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

Just to be sure, I'd suggest doing the pop test. Unhook your wire going to the subs from the amp, briefly touch the wires to the terminals on a 9 volt battery. Both cones should move the same direction and roughly the same amount. 

Okay will try tomorrow.. btw someone told me that Box is too small for two alpines so they dont have space to cool down is that true?

3-4 per driver that is, if this box is 4 net for two drivers is pretty small and your port area is quite small too, it seems to me now that you cut a second hole to your original box, that is not going to work, you would need at least 6 cubic feet net with 100+ square inches of port area for that to work, if you plan to keep the box you need to place two 12s in it and will work much better.

Archived