Bad volt drop

Ok I'll have to buy one, the one that is plugged up is 4 pin but only has 1 wire can I just buy a 4pin connector and wire any of the wires on it to that one wire and be good? My belt seems pretty tight may be bad alternator 

1 minute ago, Ron36 said:

Alternators charge at 14.4  that's pretty low at 13's make sure your belts are tight my H.O. Alt charges at 14.8 to 15

Not true. It charged at what the vehicles computer calls for. My trailblazer would only charge at 13.8, with the same alt but different case it charged at 14.4 in my Tahoe and then when I bypassed the computer it charged at 14.8. 

1 minute ago, Blake21 said:

Ok I'll have to buy one, the one that is plugged up is 4 pin but only has 1 wire can I just buy a 4pin connector and wire any of the wires on it to that one wire and be good? My belt seems pretty tight may be bad alternator 

Bro. Your belt i bet is fine. Your just spinning the pulley on the "non plugged" in alt. Its not doing ANYTHING. A wire coming off the charge stude does NOTHING. Thats a output. You need a INPUT. It has to know when to turn on. Just like the stock one. The one with the plug,.... un plug it... and see if it knows what to do. .... feel me?

6 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

Alternators charge at 14.4  that's pretty low at 13's make sure your belts are tight my H.O. Alt charges at 14.8 to 15

where you stat at doesnt matter.... its where you end that counts.

Anything over 12volts is considered charging low 13's just seems low 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

29 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Wire doesnt make voltage. If his alt does a max of 200 amp, wide open.... what would adding more wire do? 

Lol first words were "i dont know if its necessary...." then i mentioned after that, that doing that would help current flow easier/less resistance. Whatever power he may be sending through his single 1/0, it would have less resistance being sent through 2 of those 1/0 right? or no? 

I'll have that plug tomorrow, I didn't even realize that, thanks, I'm still planning to buy 2 large case alternators I'm hoping that'll do like the one guy said and up it to 14.5 volts. If not how can I bypass the computer and not fry my electronics

11 hours ago, Blake21 said:

I'll have that plug tomorrow, I didn't even realize that, thanks, I'm still planning to buy 2 large case alternators I'm hoping that'll do like the one guy said and up it to 14.5 volts. If not how can I bypass the computer and not fry my electronics

you really don't want to bypass the computer if you don't have to. I did it because my tahoe would ask for 14.4 but if I turned the car off and the battery was still resting above 13 volts and turn it right back on,the alternator would shoot up to 17.9. 

18 hours ago, 06RTCharger said:

Lol first words were "i dont know if its necessary...." then i mentioned after that, that doing that would help current flow easier/less resistance. Whatever power he may be sending through his single 1/0, it would have less resistance being sent through 2 of those 1/0 right? or no? 

I understand, and get it bro. But "resistance" isn't his problem imho. I like "over kill" on somethings. Maybe you haven't seen the builds I've had, or have, or have worked on. Ideal is having as many runs that will carry what your throwing out. Which he is already going "over kill" with 1/0 wire that can easily carry 3 times the amount he can even put out. More cable in this situation is not the repair/fix. 

Adding 47 8/0 runs is a waste of time and money, which to this member, seems to be important. He doesnt seem to have money to burn on silly shit, showing no helping results.  I get what your trying to say, but, he would be wasting money and yielding zero results. It's pretty apparent he is only running one alt. I  had that feeling he wasn't turning on both from his first post. Dropping to 9s. Jesus.  Turning on both is the fix from where I sit

. My other question is why is he even running 2. One alt, made by a reliable builder (Singer, us alts, mechman) would shit all over the two he has both at idle and Rev, and be 89 times easier. But he has the two turds, and I'm trying to help with what he has now.  Just where I'm sitting. Which is a bar stool at the moment. I don't know if you took my post like I was jumping up your ass. I wasn't. You'll know when I do. Like a few others on the forum, you may just have to get to know me a bit better.  Every post I've dropped in this thread, where I'm sitting has been the most helpful for the OP.  

Archived