Electrical problem?

so, it might not cure your problem but it'll help a lot.  that 8ga ground HAS to go.  make your grounds equal to your power runs in term of flow.  the phrase i always stick to is "You can't fill it with a fire hose and empty it with a garden hose"  

What causes the open end of the wire where it's crimped to turn grey? It's a greyish color and a inch or two down the wire is blackish on the inside of insulation. It's only one wire coming off of my alternator doing this the rest are not like this

heat, caused by high resistance, due to poor connection from using a bench vice for crimping most likely. and being exposed to the elements doesn't help. what brand wire are you using? you may have already mentioned it, but I'm unsure.

It's bulls brand or something, seems like pretty good stuff it's just that one cable but the connection Isn't the best I want even pretend it is, I also don't have any heat shrink on it, gonna have to step my wiring game up for sure lol

On 01/04/2017 at 5:41 PM, Blake21 said:

It's bulls brand or something, seems like pretty good stuff it's just that one cable but the connection Isn't the best I want even pretend it is, I also don't have any heat shrink on it, gonna have to step my wiring game up for sure lol

If it said bullz audio, stay away!

Copper wire turning black is oxidation and needs to be cut out and replaced, it is a point of higher resistance and will cause a problem if you just let it go.

Make sure you use self sealing shrink tubing and tin all your connections after you crimp them to prevent any further oxidation.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived