Beanz Posted April 8, 2017 Report Posted April 8, 2017 So looking into getting some shallow subs anyone have any luck on any of these subs?https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_116813_Audiopipe-TXX-FA1200.html https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_108677_Kicker-CWRT121-43CWRT121.html https://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosgate-P3SD4-12-Shallow-Subwoofer/dp/B009VTDT0O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1491626301&sr=8-2&keywords=rockford+fosgate+shallow+mount+12 That's why they don't deliver. Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait. You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.
kam311 Posted April 8, 2017 Report Posted April 8, 2017 Honestly, these are the only shallow mount subs that I can recommend with a good conscience. They have the excursion and power handling of a decent regular sub, with an underhung voice coil and inverted surround and no pole vent so they can be as shallow as possible. They are designed to sound great in a small sealed box as well.http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/subwoofers/sd-3-series so far... HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B Amp- crescendo BC2000D Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead Electric- Big 3 ^same wire Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs
Beanz Posted April 8, 2017 Author Report Posted April 8, 2017 We tried those subs.Keep having issues with them on the dust cap keeps coming apart That's why they don't deliver. Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait. You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.
Beanz Posted April 8, 2017 Author Report Posted April 8, 2017 Its a buddies truck and he wants to go another route That's why they don't deliver. Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait. You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.
06RTCharger Posted April 8, 2017 Report Posted April 8, 2017 https://ddaudio.com/products/subwoofers/redline-series/sl-2/ http://www.illusionaudio-america.com/carbon/carbon-c12/ check those out. I havent heard anything about them but looks interesting. With the inverted motors or whatever its called.
Beanz Posted April 8, 2017 Author Report Posted April 8, 2017 You know where id be able to get pricing on those subs?? That's why they don't deliver. Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait. You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.
kam311 Posted April 8, 2017 Report Posted April 8, 2017 8 hours ago, Beanz said: We tried those subs.Keep having issues with them on the dust cap keeps coming apart Damm, that sucks. Do you mind sharing info about the set up. What type of power are they on, and what is the enclosure like? I was looking into putting one of them in my wife's ride in a sealed setup. I hear that you really need to make sure the enclosure isn't any bigger than recommended. But if you are having those issues at rated in recommended enclosure I may look to another sub for her. so far... HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B Amp- crescendo BC2000D Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead Electric- Big 3 ^same wire Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs
06RTCharger Posted April 8, 2017 Report Posted April 8, 2017 11 hours ago, Beanz said: You know where id be able to get pricing on those subs?? The digital designs ones are priced on that site. Its at the bottom of the specs list. But the illusion ones im not sure, ill look real quick. I know theyre expensive tho because my local shop carries that brand, the comp sets sound pretty damn clean. They didnt play the subs too strong tho, wouldnt turn it up liked id wanted to lol.
06RTCharger Posted April 8, 2017 Report Posted April 8, 2017 https://www.crutchfield.com/fg_520_FFBrand|Illusion Audio/Illusion-Audio-Component-Subwoofers.html?tp=111
Kyblack76 Posted April 8, 2017 Report Posted April 8, 2017 Ugh.... ive never seen a shallow mount driver do anything impressive at all. Great luck to you. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.