Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Custom ported sub box help


Recommended Posts

Posted

I've only built sealed boxes before this, and have no idea how to plan to build a slot ported box for my sub. Would it be better for me to purchase a full box from somewhere online custom built to my dimensions? I feel confident in my ability to build a box but have no idea how to design and plan it. Is there a certain website or place I can go to and purchase some plans? Or can someone guide me through building a slot ported box?

 

Posted

Don't buy a generic box, they are expensive and generally useless, get a plan or design yourself, you can get help on here for either option.

Posted
5 hours ago, Joe X said:

Don't buy a generic box, they are expensive and generally useless, get a plan or design yourself, you can get help on here for either option.

Okay, thank you. I appreciate it. How would I go about getting help from someone to design a box?

Posted

Give the info right here, joex is the box guru here and a couple others. Someone will help you here just post the info. What subs, how many. What amps or how much power will you be giving the subs. A little info on ur electrical setup, alternator, batteries. What vehicle and whats ur available space. Length width height.

Posted

The sub is one Sundown Audio E12 V3 4 Ohm. I will be powering it with an Audiopipe APMI-1500 watt amp and I'll be giving it 540 watts wired at 4 ohms. I took one of the rear back seats out so I'll have a width of 18" and a depth of 14.5. The height doesn't really matter as long as I'm gettin the required airspace and all. It's in a '97 F-150 and the electrical is stock but I'm looking to upgrade it soon if really necessary. I already have a 10" Rockford punch shallow mount sub under the rear seat pushed by a Rockford Prime amp with an old school Punch 75.2 pushing my JBL door speakers. I have a Pioneer head unit as well. 

Posted

You are going to get rid of the 10" Punch once you get the Sundown installed correct?

Posted
3 hours ago, ckeeler11 said:

You are going to get rid of the 10" Punch once you get the Sundown installed correct?

I can if needed, but didn't plan on it. Is there a reason I should? I'm new to car audio. 

Posted

you do not want to mix subs. You can end up with cancellation issues since you have 2 different drivers with different response curves trying to play the same frequencies.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6203 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...