Jump to content

6 15s 4th Order - DC Audio, Skyhigh 03 Explorer(Updated pg 3)


Recommended Posts

Posted

Surprised you were only rising 2X.  Also, that DD should take 1/2 ohm no problem.  Either way, it looks good man, keep at it!

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Posted
54 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Very nice man. The reconing sucks, but,  ... build looks great. Just curious, how you meter? Out law? Legal? Or ? Looking great man. You do some nice work. Keep on er... good luck. 

It was a 157.2@30hz with drivers door open on dash and a 157.5@55hz sealed on dash. Weird I know lol

Posted
1 minute ago, WalledSonic said:

Surprised you were only rising 2X.  Also, that DD should take 1/2 ohm no problem.  Either way, it looks good man, keep at it!

Yeah it would protect as soon as I turned it up every time. Wired to 1ohm and worked perfectly 

  • 1 month later...
Posted

Small update

Sold some of the V2 to get try to get all V1. 

 

Worked on the battery rack and amp rack. Trying to play around with ideas and I like the approach its going now. Basically the amps will be screwed into a piece of wood that is jigsaw out that you only barely see any wood expect where the screws will mount. Then that same piece of wood is kreg jig into a bottom piece. 3 amps on top and 3 amps on the bottom. I will be running them strapped each pair @ 1ohm(.5 per amp). I am still trying to figure out to do with the middle piece though. I am ordering a custom light from low notes garage and I want it to go between the amps so I will figure out something soon for them. The link bars should be here soon as I can get started on wiring very soon and ordered a cockbox. Anyways enough babbling lol 

 

20180126_230206.jpg

20180127_141855.jpg

IMG_20180127_212156_569.jpg

20180127_212524.jpg

Posted

Got 6 in for looks purpose

20180202_113805.jpg

20180202_113759.jpg

I did order my custom glass piece from Brent Leavitt. I did decide to cut the middle boards between the amps back to the same width as the bottom piece but leave a gap in the middle that will stick out for the glass piece to mount on...hard to explain but will look like this

Test.jpg

Waiting on the link bars but will start measuring out he holes that will go for the amp inputs this weekend hopefully

 

  • 1 month later...
Posted

Few updates

First I didn't like the way I had the amp/battery racks sides and it was driving me nuts so I tore it out and came up with this design

20180303_143320.jpg

Still going with the floating amps look

IMG_20180308_173136_194.jpg

Amps just waiting on me lol

20180307_113007.jpg

Posted

Painting just the main areas

20180311_211407.jpg

 

I still have to seal off the passenger side with fiberglass but that will be done the road after I do some testing because I still need access to the wires

Finally wiring up amps

20180313_001542.jpg

 

3 left to do right now

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 867 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...