[Update 3/18] Another Boring Tahoe Build [SOLD]

2 hours ago, DavidClark said:

Ya that Soundrive dust cap is less than desirable , PSI ones look much better

That's what I was thinking.. I feel bad, but PSI was really onto something with their design lol

probably my favorite logo ever

I was able to get them all loaded up today!

The back two were easy since I could just stand on my trailer hitch to load them, but the front two were sooooo close to touching my roof when standing on the box.

LCayC7G.jpg

GMwpSUF.jpg

Looks like the air bags did their part! It sits almost level with the subs and box in.

vJfXTMQ.jpg

Right now I have them on a Nendo 3500 @ 0.5, but only have my 370a alt and no extra battery reserve, so I see 10V pretty quickly lol.

Xh5k8b1.png

Not very loud, but they move a little bit of air

In the video, there's a lot of rattling, which I found out was from a bunch of screws I had sitting in the rear cup holders, that actually jumped up and out and were all over the cargo area.

The vocals sound quiet because my cheap RCA's shook loose and I didn't have any power to my back door speakers.

After about an hour of demo'ing 30-90 seconds at a time, the 3500 was pretty cool still, but my 1100.4 clearly doesn't like seeing 10v when wired @ 1 ohm per channel, because that thing was hot enough to cook bacon on.

Monday and Tuesday it'll be much warmer, so I plan on doing the seat swap and adding my 80aH lithium, 240aH of AGM, and the Ampere 7500.

I tried to install my new seats today, but it didn't go as expected.

YZn8nu0.jpg

Here was my amp mess before. I didn't want to post this picture because of the horrendous lack of cable management, but people asked if you could fit two 3500s or two 1100.4s under the seats, and this demonstrates that the answer is yes.

TgtsHv7.jpg

When I went to remove the seat bolts, I found that my false floor had covered the bolts...

moPrhzj.jpg

So we had to make a teeter totter to be able to pull the board out without removing the box

CnWwPmg.jpg

a6o9G4d.jpg

From there, I could get the seats out

Pj58APf.jpg

However, the new seats I picked up are Suburban seats, which are evidently different than Tahoe ones, and will not fit.

so I'm now searching to find the correct set

18 hours ago, Mr DeeBeez said:

bummer to hear about the seats not working out :/ Things can never go as planned in car audio

aint that the truth lol

got a new set today though. wrong color, but it'll do for now

working on my battery and amp placement and hopefully have it all playing tomorrow?

SYFNjGv.jpg

qvGYGBd.jpg

Dude if you get bored, would you mind taking some detailed amp guts of the C1100.4?  If not, no worries.  Thanks!

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Damn that sucks with the seats.  

I had one of them 1100.4 Crescendo's and they are no joke

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

51 minutes ago, Karkov said:

Damn that sucks with the seats.  

I had one of them 1100.4 Crescendo's and they are no joke

S'all good, I sold my 60/40 bench for $150, and the pair of Suburban bucket seats for $100, so I made out alright lol.

Yeah I've got 4 of the 1100.4s now, they're hands down my favorite amp that I've ever owned.

Yea suburban and XL rear seats don't work in tahoes and short yukons. Should have warned you on that. Sorry lol. 

You wouldn't happen to want to let go of one of those 3500s would you?

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

Archived