Question about fuses not blowing

so in the Tahoe I now have the OEM 140A alt, and another 370A CES alt.

I only have 2 runs of 2/0 power in the vehicle, and each run has a 200a fuse.

How come when I play full tilt and drop to 12.5V, none of my fuses blow? (revving to 2.5k RPM too)

Are there really over 110A being drawn by the vehicle such that my fuses are fine? Or am I missing something here?

2Kx9Xrgl.jpg

cwDAId0l.jpg

9 hours ago, reedal said:

Do you have a clamp meter to measure the current being pulled through the wires?

I do not.

I guess I just expected that a 3500 @ 0.5 and a Q4-120 @ 1.33 would be pulling 400+, especially  when my voltage is dropping so low.

I'd see if you can borrow a clamp meter from someone, maybe an auto parts store has one to loan or something, and see what is being pulled through the wiring when you're dropping low like that. Does it drop and hold at 12.5 or does it jump back up fast? 

13 minutes ago, reedal said:

I'd see if you can borrow a clamp meter from someone, maybe an auto parts store has one to loan or something, and see what is being pulled through the wiring when you're dropping low like that. Does it drop and hold at 12.5 or does it jump back up fast? 

As soon as I turn down the music it jumps right back up to 14.8V within seconds.

3 hours ago, RedFred said:

As soon as I turn down the music it jumps right back up to 14.8V within seconds.

Without turning it down, does it sit at 12.5 or jump back up? You may be drawing a good amount of current, just maybe not 400+ amps worth.

24 minutes ago, reedal said:

Without turning it down, does it sit at 12.5 or jump back up? You may be drawing a good amount of current, just maybe not 400+ amps worth.

It shoots up anytime there isn't a hard bass line.

Those usually pop when you exceed them by a fair amount before they blow, or when you get a short. You might not be pulling enough power all at once to pop em.

I think there was a discussion on those some time back about how much more it takes for them to blow and you should be using lower rated fuses.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived