Sonic Electronix

I understand that... but what I don't think you are understanding is that with 300 amps of pull.... 15k watts is impossible for a period without caps to hold the power.... full tilt it can not recharge its caps and play 15k watts at the same time... it can't happen. Hence why anyone who actually tested this thing will tell you that for short bursts its a great amp.... but a 5 min death match is far from its forte.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

its not made for a 5 minute death match, its made to play music with ups and down so it can recharge itself.

Car-96 blazer 4 door

Amp- Us-Amps M2D2

Front stage- Infinity Reference Comps 6.5

Subs- Undecided open to all offers and opinions

You had to have it all

Have you had enough

You greedy little bastard

You get what deserved

When all is said and done

I will be the one

To leave you in your misery and hate what you have become

Its still not possible.... amps can't pull energy out of its ass.... output can NEVER be higher then the input. Unless it has help.... and with any cap it will only help for so long before its empty. And after that.... like I said you have a clipped to fuck 3k watt amp.

Lol im done trying to explain this system to you.

Why dont you engineer the amp then? you sound like the nuclear engineer you are.

Let this thread die.

Car-96 blazer 4 door

Amp- Us-Amps M2D2

Front stage- Infinity Reference Comps 6.5

Subs- Undecided open to all offers and opinions

You had to have it all

Have you had enough

You greedy little bastard

You get what deserved

When all is said and done

I will be the one

To leave you in your misery and hate what you have become

Its still not possible.... amps can't pull energy out of its ass.... output can NEVER be higher then the input. Unless it has help.... and with any cap it will only help for so long before its empty. And after that.... like I said you have a clipped to fuck 3k watt amp.

hahaha

rf 15kw caps recharge ~32,000 times a second and u dont think they can hold enough charge for dynamic music

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

You can "try" all you want.... Input can NEVER be greater then output.... NO power supply can pull power out of the air!

Its pretty simple stuff here.... 300 x 14.4 = 15000???? That would be a no!

Once the caps are dry its done.... I don't care what you have read about this amp its not possible, it can NOT happen. Physics don't lie.

If you really want to believe that its a TRUE 15k watt amp be my guest. Nothing you say will make me believe that Rockford has defied the laws of physics with this amp and its gods gift to man kind. NO amp can have 350% efficiency. Its all cap based and just like any other cap it will run dry when running full tilt while still trying to recharge the caps.... NOT gonna happen.

holy jebus, its in your definition tho, whats full tilt?

1)full tilt music gives the amp plenty of time to recharge

2)sine waves were not designed for this amp for more than lets say 5 seconds because the caps would be depleted as there would never be a time without full load to recharge the caps

hypothetical

so if you have a kinetik 2000 on an average amp (rf1000bd), run it for 30 seconds full tilt car off more than likely it will die, even if it didnt lets say it did

now turn the car on, with an extra batt in parallel, and an alt, and for the hell of it a battery charger

is it going to die after 30seconds, or will it keep going because its getting recharged before its dishcharged completly

same goes for caps, but they are faster at recharging

its 300amps pulled to amp, who knows how many are stored in the caps waiting to be discharged

what if there were enough caps to store a 600a burst for .5second, and they recharge 32,000 a second

hell a (1) pm 3100 battery can hold upwrds of 3100max amps in a burst,

why cant ~100 small caps do 600-700a

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I saw a link on this amp once that says it stores its energy in a cap bank (we all know this) They don't actually give you a number all they say is "well into the 6 figures of joules" So I will give them 500k (which again don't know because they don't say). Which would require 204 F of capacitance right at 70v right? Now with that in mind.... 500k joules divided by 15k watts = 33.333334 seconds.... we'll say 34 seconds.

Now with all that in mind.... How off 300 amps at 14.4 volts do you think it can actually charge them AND still play at 15k watts? Now yes music is dynamic and won't take all 300 amps the WHOLE time playing.... but when those caps run dry (and they will). It can not charge the caps and play at the same time! The power supply is not able to create power.... On a continuous basis it is impossible.... Like I said before.... short bursts its a great amp.... anything long term its not gonna do what you think.

"Is it going to die after 30seconds, or will it keep going because its getting recharged before its dishcharged completly

same goes for caps, but they are faster at recharging"

Discharge a lot faster too.... hence why it runs out faster.

"what if there were enough caps to store a 600a burst for .5second, and they recharge 32,000 a second

hell a (1) pm 3100 battery can hold upwrds of 3100max amps in a burst,

why cant ~100 small caps do 600-700a"

If the power supply is still playing.... there is no power left over to charge the caps.... its just like a cap for your cap.... if you don't have the alt to back it up its just another draw to hurt you.

Kicker Guy I understand exactly what you're saying. The T15k is a great amp but it's not magical, the power it creates comes from somewhere. Or are you people just victim to the propaganda?

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

I dont know if you figured out your problem yet, but here are some other things Im wondering.

If your running the amp at 4 ohms, Im assuming you have dual 4 ohm coils since you said that you may drop the amp down to one ohm.( each sub coils wired in series, then subs wired in parallel to the amp)?

If so, Id disconnect your speaker wires from the amp, and then with a dmm see what ohm load you are at. Chances are with box and impedance rise, you will be at a 5-6 ohm load at the amp. Thus maybe even less power.

Any amp will be more efficient at higher ohm loads, so if the amp is 75% efficient at 1 ohm mono, the amp will probolly be around 85% efficient at 4 ohms mono, meaning a lot less current draw.

1100 watts rms by 1 @ 4 ohm is a small current draw. If your at a steady 14 volts while banging, your amperage draw is under 80 amps.

I also see you have a 1.2 fared cap, is this cap being used? If so, Im betting that this cap is helping out your electrical system by at least 30 amps or so.

Fuses will take more current then what they are rated for, but not for long periods of time. Once the fuse gets too hot it will most likely pop.

So what I think is with the possible impedance rise, the amp is not even working at a 4 ohm load, but a bit more and making less power which is reducing the amount of current needed. The capacitor is taking a big chunk of the amps current off your stock electrical system, so there for your amp is not relying on your cars stock electrical for current, and thus why the 40 amp fusing has not blown.

I think if your goal is to purposly to blow that 40 amp fuse, disconnect the capacitor and rely on the stock electrical for your amps current.

If that dont blow your fuse or if your capacitor is not being used, i got no idea and it maybe the amp... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif

Archived