2 minutes ago, Joe f said:

The ssf is set at 50hz which is all the way up for some reason, where should I try and set it and the bass eq and the x over at?

Lol yeah thats not helping. Drop the ssf only enough that the woofer dont play too hard under tuning.

4 minutes ago, Joe f said:

Since the box is tuned to 32.5 should I set around there to start with?

Sure. Some amps dont necessarily have an accurate SSF value printed near the dial so just make sure you've got it correct by testing.

Thanks man, I'm going to go do some adjustments and I will let y'all know. The sa8s sounded really good so I didn't think about making any changes for the 15. 

6 minutes ago, Joe f said:

Thanks man, I'm going to go do some adjustments and I will let y'all know. The sa8s sounded really good so I didn't think about making any changes for the 15. 

If your ssf was all the way up with the sa-8's then that zv3 will KILL the lows compared to the 8's.

Thanks man, I'm going to go do some adjustments and I will let y'all know. The sa8s sounded really good and hit lows real good, would flex doors and windows, so I didn't think about making any changes for the 15. 

OK so I adjusted the ssf and it helped some but I didn't play the sub enough to get it really warmed up to see if it will loosen up and play the lows better. The mid bass is very loud though. I'm sure if I had this same set up in a SUV it would be killing lows lol. 

You want "SSF" (infrasonic filter) about 1/2 octave below tuning.  if you KNOW you're tuned to around 32.5 then set filter to 25-28 as a starting point and see if subs bottom out etc.

OK so I got in some play time with the sub and did some adjusting on my amp and it sounds better but what I have came to realize is that I simply do not have enough power for this 15" sub. The sundown sae1200 worked really good pushing the 4 sa v1.5 subs and I expected it to push the zv3 15 enough to equal or surpass the loudness of the 8's but it just isn't enough power. I did change the tune down to 30hz and it now has the bottom end lows that I was looking for and I think it had something to do with it being in such a small area of my reg cab Dodge ram. Thanks for everyone's help and this is a great site for information and technical support, thanks again

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kraken
      So I have a zv3 12 now. Im upgrading parts to a 15" zv4 frame, zv4 spl soft parts/zv4 coil, and night shade spider. Im only keeping the zv3 motor. I am looking for a zv3, any size, 10 through 18. I just need the motor, also if its blown or working, i still want it. Id rather get a blown one for the price difference though. If you have a blown zv3 or know anyone with even just a zv3 motor, let me know. Thanks guys
    • By 77-AUDIO
      So i built a box lastnight to specs for 2 db drive wdx 8 g2 dual 4 subs. 
      Box is 2.26 cubes net after sub displacememnt tuned to 33 hz with 20" of port 22" long. And it doesnt sound like i believe it should.  Its got plenty of power from my mmats mpa-2000.1d amp. 
      Any advice would greatly be appreciated.
    • By Sub craze
      I’m debating if I should get 2 12” u series subs or one 15” zv5 sub. I want to be able to feel the most bass. If I got 2 u series subs I would give them 2000 watts each making 4000 watts total and if I had the zv5 series I would give it 4000 watts. Which should I go with?!?
    • By Kraken
      So I'm trying to design a box for my 2 zv3 12's, i have installed 2 bucket seats in the rear of my 02 chevy pickup, and things have changed a ton in that truck since i last posted here. I plan on doing 2 zv3's in a ported box in between the 2 seats, almost like a tall center console. i found a 3D model of a zv3 12 on a different fourm, but i cant get the person to respond with a link to a download. Im just trying to get an accurate look of the box, and also having a model of the sub would be cool
    • By fmedina
      whats up fam. so heres a quick run down of my system. not a trunk build, not a wall, just a simple ugly back seat build lol i am a construction electrician with my trunk almost always full with tools and material for work. only other spot to fit a sub box with out doing a wall is my back seat. i just need some bass! not really going for looks. ive had some pictures on what i had before (just went from a skar evl15 to a dc xl15 and sae1500 to a dc 2k) so here are some recent pics... hope you guys enjoy... 

i personally did the big3 with sky high 1/0 up front and ran power from front stock battery to rear full throttle group 34. messed up by getting a blue big 3 kit instead of red lol oh well. 

heres what it looked like before i swapped out the sae1500. the rest of the wiring was done by arden audio in sacramento. when i went home and did a lil inspection i have noticed the ground going to the 4ch amp was just self tapped in with 3 screws on the frame of the vehicle. wasnt too happy about it so instead of complaining i just went ahead and fixed it. both grounds are now sharing an existing grounding point directly under the driver seat. everything else was fine, thanks arden audio!

and heres the box just sitting on the back seat haha 

• Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 594 Guests (See full list)