Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Box design for 2 Kicker CVX 12s


treyS3469

Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay so I bought 2 Brand new Kicker CVX 12s for a great deal from a local shop and I need help with a box either a ported box I need someone that can help me they will be powered by an alpine 1200 amp at 2 ohms it will be going in a 2017 Ford Fusion Space isn't an issue I mostly listen to Rap so I want it to be loud I appreciate the input.

Posted

Should probably post up ur MAX dimensions u have available in the trunk. Just so that the person thats going to help u doesnt waste their time designing a box for u and then u come back and say the box cant fit. Use a tape measure and get the height, width and depth you have in ur car. 

Posted

Okay so I when to the store and bought a tape measure and my dimensions are 

height: 17.5"

width: 39"

depth is 20"

and I bought a sheet of .75" MDF while I was there along with some brad nails, tite bond wood glue and some silicone.

Posted

So here is a suggestion, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4 1/4" , figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

 

2cvx.jpg

 

2x12_SFPF_2.jpg

 

Posted

Okay so it took me sometime out of my schedule to make the dummy box and it did fit perfectly no problems I just need to build the box now and I will probably come back let you guys know how it sounds and again thanks Joe X for the blueprints I appreciate the help

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6453 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...