Sonic Electronix

back up batteries for car audio and tvs

hello.. New to this.. i have a 88 honda crx.. i have a 3000 watt amp running 1 12" db sub and have a 1000amp power inverter for my xbox, 42" tv and 2 7" monitors.. i have my stereo hooked up to my small honda battery and have to run the car or else it dies in 20 min..my tv, xbox and 2 monitors i have an external battery from my work truck not hooked up to any power supply to the car and it lasts 2 hours .. how can i run everything together?.. at car shows mostly tv ect is on and car is not running.. would like to get 4-5 hours out of a battery if that is possible with out starting the car.. thanks so much for your help in advance

Im jealous of your 88 crx. I would track it if i had one haha. You could invest in lithium battery to save on weight. Thats a small car to add a lot of battery. 

EDIT: since you made no mention, i'll assume you havent upgraded your alternator yet? Step #1, get the largest alt you can. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Not sure how am alternator is gonna help if the car is off. You need a battery bank that is separated from the rest of the system and the ability to charge it from an external source. Also don't buy eBay alts.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived