WalledSonic Posted August 26, 2017 Report Posted August 26, 2017 Amp guts from a refurbished SAE-1500D. Its dusty from being in the car. Should've cleaned it up a lil better for this post but meh. Brands inside: Texas Instruments Cap-Top (for all caps) Not sure what was reworked, but I took some pics of the less-pretty joints: This looks sketchy as fuck... One of the words under the sharpie is "EXTREME" but I cant make out any of the other words/letters/numbers. Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ (4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ IG @walledsonic
8ten8 Posted August 26, 2017 Report Posted August 26, 2017 I see what your saying. Who/what refurbished it? Sketchy like you said
WalledSonic Posted September 26, 2017 Author Report Posted September 26, 2017 On 8/25/2017 at 8:53 PM, 8ten8 said: I see what your saying. Who/what refurbished it? Sketchy like you said Chris at dB-r Electronics. I've bought 2 refurbished amps from him and both run great, but the sharpie on the PCB just irks me. For anyone reading, PM me for more details about dB-r. Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ (4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ IG @walledsonic
WalledSonic Posted September 26, 2017 Author Report Posted September 26, 2017 I'm updating all my amp guts posts with a comment at the beginning for 'Brands Inside', listing brands that are visible to show commonality between different boards. Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ (4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ IG @walledsonic
77-AUDIO Posted September 26, 2017 Report Posted September 26, 2017 Chris at DR-r rebuilt my SAZ-1500D and once I got it back I was able to run 0.5 ohm all day every day. I wish I never had gotten rid of it. but I wanted a dc 2k. and could not pass up the deal on it. PPI dbl dinDC Level 31.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.DC audio 2.0kCT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear
WalledSonic Posted October 23, 2017 Author Report Posted October 23, 2017 I sent the amp guts to Sundown and they confirmed that this is indeed their board, however, Andrew at Sundown didnt offer any insight about the use of sharpie marker. It bangs, so thats all that matters I suppose. Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ (4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ IG @walledsonic
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.