Sign in to follow this  
hayabusaboi06

need a new amp: 7.5k, 9k or 10k

I have 3 orion HCCA 152 woofers that im running on some off brand 3500 watt amps.  I wanna go with one solid amp to run all 3 at a 1.33 ohm. this is a daily driver 2003 trailblazer but I want it to hump.  the woofer are rated at 2500rms/5000peak, I currently have 5 d3100's in the back, 1 redtop in the front that I want to change out but need to find a battery that will fit due to the dual alt bracket that holds a 240 mechman and a 370 mechman.  out of these 3 amps, which one would you recommend I run on those 3 woofers with my current setup.  thanks for any assistance you can give me.

7500Wrms is what you need at 1ohm, so I would go with a 10K at 1.33ohm.  Even then, you may not even be pulling RMS wattage.  The idea is to oversize your amp so that you dont push it into clipping.  Thats my opinion, anyway.

Agree with the above. Outta those choices, I do the 10k. It will shit pm the 9k At 12v.

At 1.3 ohm, you won't make a ton of power. I clamped 8400 on my dc 10k, and I was at .7. 

If it was me, I'd put a  4-5k on each at half ohm. 

• Like 1

Definitely better to stick with shorter boards... Cheaper when one shits the bed.  Plus, its harder to get rid of a large board versus a few smaller ones.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Joshdashef
      With my previous amp, R750-1D, the wiring was wired in parallel internally and had two sets of speaker outputs (+ and -). Currently I have two 4 ohm dual voice coil subs each wired down to 2 ohms, and put into each of the pairs. 

Here is the wiring diagram for my current amplifier: Link for full PDF

My question is with the upgraded amplifier I will be using, a DC 2k, do I need to follow this same routine and wire two sets of 2 ohm and it is internally paralleled.
      Or instead I need to use only one pair of speaker outputs and wire that to 1 ohm load? 

Here is a diagram similar to what I am talking about but with only one pair of speaker outputs:

I have yet to see any information on this so I assume I will use only one pair of speaker outputs, but I want to ask so I don't muck it up. 
    • By Rich Schenk
      Have a c-pillar slide in wall in my 00 mountaineer for 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s and need to seal it off. Was told by some people spray foam in garbage bags around box. Question with this because it's right next to windows will regular and big gap foam potentially break a window or will I be fine with it against a window. (sorry never done this) also how should I mount false panels to roof, sides, etc? Any info or help on this would be greatly appreciated Ty.
      https://flic.kr/p/22bEi6R
      https://flic.kr/p/21EYhLS
    • By Rich Schenk
      Hello my name is rich and i am currently building a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer my daily driver into a 10k daily driver. I have been doing car stereo since i was 15 and this is going to be the second most advanced system that i have ever put together. So need as much help and criticism as possible. Want to learn as much as i can and have a nice build.
      If you haven't read my other build log i started building a 97 hyundai Tiburon and after having my system up and going for a little over a month the trans blew. was loud as hell needed work but oh well. so had to find another daily driver and wasn't going to give up system so decided to go truck route (5 kids 4 girls, 1 boy)

My goals for this car are
      upper 140s-150 dbs (if possible and musical) (not metered yet) to learn as much as possible (fiberglassing, body work, vinyl work) decent sq (don't want subs to over power everything) start with equipment that i have and slowly but eventually build to bigger and better equipment Build it better then my 03 mitsubishi lancer oz rally (that i miss like a child) alpine iva-d310, pxa-h701, 420i, audiocontol matrix plus, ps2 slim in glovebox, cf Vr804, 2 Vr1000d, excessive amperage 200 amp alt, 2 kinetic power 2400, 1 run tsunami 0, big 3 0 Tsunami, 2 sets of cf x6s one front one rear, 2 mtx 9500 12in d4s, tons of dynamat extreme, varad 1000 color leds in front foot wells, yellow leds in pocket under radio, yellow florescent lights in door pockets walker front bumper canary yellow Loud and Clean daily driver (final goal) (demos, car shows, and competitions) Here is the list of the equipment that i currently have
      HU: pioneer deh 80prs (network mode on  active) RCAs: Streetwires, Connection Singer 340 six phase hairpin amp alternator XS Power D3400 under hood with Custom 1/2 Aluminum Bus Bars (made by me) 1/0 Gauge 3 runs SHCA OFC Big 4 double 1/0 OFC SHCA OFC Distrobution Blocks S.M.D., and directed audio 2 Stinger SVMR Voltmeter (Red) (one for front batt and one for rear Battery bank)
      Skar sk85.4 85x4 @ 4 ohms on 2 sb acoustics neo dome tweeters MMATS Sq4100 100x4 @ 4ohms on 4 silver flute 8s (4ohm) Subs: 6 12in AB xfl d2s soon to be 6 fully built ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4 Sub Amp: 2 DC 5ks with TM dual Inputs and TM quad speaker imputs 4 XS Power D3100s with custom 1/2 aluminum buss bars in rear (made by me) Here is a list of equipment that i want or need may change
      Cooling for amps in rear More interior speakers??? (maybe birch roof) Jy or limitless lithium 80ah Another singer 340 alt get better HU and eq/processor( and maybe a Tablet?)
    • By tn2k
      I am curious. With DC Audio, can somebody help me understand the benefits of using the upgraded soft parts? Like for example Using a dc audio 12" level 3 motor with the upgraded level 4 coil spider and surround, as opposed to just getting a 12" level 4 motor and coil ? Would the level 3 motor with level 4 upgraded parts be more "musical" than a level 4 motor with level 4 coill? Obviously they would both handle the same power...
    • By DC/FosgateBumpin
      I’m new to the forum, but have been a huge fan of Steve’s for a long time now. So naturally, I decided to come to his forum to hopefully get some advice on completing my system for my 2013 Impala LTZ. I already have a Pioneer AVH-x5800bhs installed, as well as some infinity kappa 6.5” components up front, and 6x9’s in the rear deck. They’re being pushed by my Fosgate t400.4. I’m having my sub enclosure built as I’m typing this. I’m running 2 DC Audio Level 4 15’s on a T2500.1bdcp. I just purchased the 8 channel Fosgate 360.3. Wanting to upgrade my components up front to something that can handle the power that t400.4 puts out, running an active front stage on that amp. Ordered a t400-2 to run some rear fill, so I’m gonna need some good 6x9’s to run on the t400-2. I don’t want to do any door mods to fit anything  I’d prefer something that will work in he factory locations with as little customization as possible. 
      Can anyone suggest some mids and highs for me? 
      Won’t let me upload pics of my subs and amps. File sizes must be too large since that error message keeps popping up. 
      Update- link to pics below  
      https://postimg.org/gallery/1u7obg2a6/
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 269 Guests (See full list)