2002 Subaru Outback slow build

Photobucket took a shit and I lost my original  build log. Aftet speaking with another member here, I decided to give it another shot. Sooo deaden first

S2n3AJ.jpg

Lots of sheet metal too hush-up

dhPIUw.jpg

PL and foam to do the dirty work 

b4yfc7.jpg

Must make it squeekey clean first thoe

ATMQWA.jpg

As per SnowDrifter's advice, I PL'd all seams between sheet metal and bracing

xv3YPS.jpg

And foamed every orifice I could get access to 

Ve8R0s.jpg

dIfPE7.jpg

ZxnKKL.jpg

Now on with the deadening! Secondskin ftw. B stock too

A67mzd.jpg

r37l3z.jpg

More to come tomorrow...electrical. Thanks for watching 

cqQqAj.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On with the electrical: 2 runs of Sundown 1/0 front to back, 2 runs of GP 2/0 charging wire (scraps I found laying around), Mechman 1/0 for the big 4 and multiple chassis grounds. 

zBoahA.jpg

Had just enough Sundown for the two runs. 

hc5O5A.jpg

Went through the floor behind the driver seat. To many pinch points and twist and turns beyond that point.  Used a grommet and PL to secure it.

hBcNeB.jpg

xcsXZL.jpg

On with the rear grounds. Everything copper lugs, crimped and adhesive heat shrink. Painted and dielectric too

jgKJRK.jpg

Fy7tU6.jpg

Rear bumper had to be removed in order to accomplish the next task, so why not seal off the vents. Controversial, I know 

hwwq2E.jpg

Now here's where the tricky part came into play. Note the right angle drill that didn't fit. After making a few "adjustments", it worked 

m1Xmwm.jpg

Op0OE8.jpg

After a little PL and some massaging, all is well. Drilled a few pass throughs, stainless, lock washers, painted and dielectric 

Yn36sh.jpg

QmdVnF.jpg

3ImXdR.jpg

ZehRgp.jpg

There was a riged fome Storage Tray underneath the false floor that I cut to accommodate the grounds 

AIm1TF.jpg

Added a few more grounds upfront 

ssNDhr.jpg

hnnsgg.jpg

AGM 24 upfront, 3100 in the rear, maby a little lithium in the future. Stock alt, US 280a still being built. DC5K on the shelf. AB 1880.1 powering a single 15 in a parallel 6th  (much thanks to Triticum and JoeX), stock fronts on deck power for now. Doors are next. I'll post the doors tomorrow. Evil6.5's maby?

kh8lok.jpg

Thanks for taking lots of pics. and doing the sound deadener first, lol!  Serious about that shit with taking the bumper off.  =O  Running those grounds looks so clean dude great work!  Those Evils are good mids, not a bad choice if you do go that route.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Awww yisss.  Tuned in!  I wish they made those SSA6.5s in an 8".

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Thanks gents! On with the doors: panel came off easy  but the vapor barrier tooka little effort. Wanted to save it

WFXURf.jpg

Everything cleaned. Used the vapor barrier as a template. Hole saw and hammer for access to body clips

3aOyT2.jpg

Vw7WmC.jpg

For the door lock/ opening mechanism I used heavy-duty disposable shop towels to protect. Then adhered the SecondSkin.

JtIEKt.jpg

qBA3Dk.jpg

So after removing the factory door speakers,  found that the OEM speaker adapter is angled at 22 degrees (or so) toward the driver seat. Thank goodness cuz I thought I might have take more time fabing. The OEM adapter wouldn't fit the Evil at first but with a little sanding, it worked. 

Gq7gyT.jpg

RSu4wW.jpg

Doubled up the Sundown 16awg through the boot and behind the dash to the passenger side, that was a pain. RCA's on the same side too

jZam1D.jpg

lh4tPS.jpg

ejvrwB.jpg

Got some SecondSkin speaker tweeters also. The impact bracing in the door complicated things but I think I made it work 

nLnMdH.jpg

Nice packaging and a little perverted. She'll get get the job done 

7gMsAU.jpg

UPw5CW.jpg

Hell yeah git that sh*t

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

• 4 weeks later...

Archived