Second Skin Audio

Recommend me a musical sub

Hey all. 

ride is a 11 Dodge Grand Caravan.  System consist of 1/0 gauge skyhigh wiring. 3 100 hour agm batteries. Big 3, mecmen 240 amp alt. 2 cab 1600.1 amps strapped. 1 hdc 3.115 d2 in 4 cubes of birch at 38 htz. Was 30 htz but I didn't like that low so I changed the tuning. 

It sounds great with rap and some pop jams that have that low boom bass but I listen to lots of different kinds of music and want a more musically friendly sub that can handle the amps power at 2 ohms (3200 watts from 2 cab amps?????). I've had 1 sundown sa 15 on single amp 2 sundown e 15's and 1 soubdqubed hds 315 on single amp ( not all at the same time of course ) in the past in this ride. 

Im looking at digital design right now but just tired of dumping money and not getting that punch bass that I enjoy. 

Im good with single, duel maybe even 3 12" sub setup and can build boxes to match subs. 

What would you suggest? Thanks

Had an hdc3 as my daily, mixed reviews imo. 

I beat the crap out of that sub on three different amps. Had it in three different boxes. 

It takes power but didn't didn't play anything under 36 very well. 

Depending on your budget we can give you suggestions. 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

9 hours ago, Mitchaford said:

Had an hdc3 as my daily, mixed reviews imo. 

I beat the crap out of that sub on three different amps. Had it in three different boxes. 

It takes power but didn't didn't play anything under 36 very well. 

Depending on your budget we can give you suggestions. 

HDC3's need a very large box compared to most subs of the same size. It didn't play low because of your box, there are plenty of builds (including one of my old ones) where they perform perfectly fine into the 20's.

When I had my HDC3's and 4's, I had them in 5 cubes per 15 tuned at 36 and it played mid 20's to 60 pretty well.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived