Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
On 2017. 10. 22. at 1:15 PM, alex912005 said:

It sounds fine. The sub doesn't like the amp from a thermal standpoint. It gets stinky fast. But not a lot of guys have this sub on a 5k so that's why. I am giving it 2800 - 3000 watts after impedance rise. And it's only my 2nd system but I didn't do the work myself if that's what you mean. Several people worked on it.

I am sorry if the question is stupid, but the number you got from the clamping is not rather VA,rather than Watts? I am thinking about that, cause you multiplied the two numbers together if I undersatand it correctly. And also beacuse you measured it on the sub, or am I wrong? 

Posted
On 10/22/2017 at 4:15 AM, alex912005 said:

It sounds fine. The sub doesn't like the amp from a thermal standpoint. It gets stinky fast. But not a lot of guys have this sub on a 5k so that's why. I am giving it 2800 - 3000 watts after impedance rise. And it's only my 2nd system but I didn't do the work myself if that's what you mean. Several people worked on it.

check for clipping man. i had the same problem with my xl stinking up pretty fast but turns out i was clipping the crap out of it. got a dc 2k which comes with a clip light on the bass knob and now i can play it safe with minimal heat. im sure that sp4 can handle that power as long as its clean. 

Posted
22 hours ago, Krisztián Arnold said:

I am sorry if the question is stupid, but the number you got from the clamping is not rather VA,rather than Watts? I am thinking about that, cause you multiplied the two numbers together if I undersatand it correctly. And also beacuse you measured it on the sub, or am I wrong? 

 

You may be right, but that's how clamp testing is done. Here's a link about clamp testing on DD's website where they say that RMS power is volts x amperes. Clamp Testing

 

19 hours ago, fmedina said:

check for clipping man. i had the same problem with my xl stinking up pretty fast but turns out i was clipping the crap out of it. got a dc 2k which comes with a clip light on the bass knob and now i can play it safe with minimal heat. im sure that sp4 can handle that power as long as its clean. 

 

No clipping. The amp has a clip light on the gain knob. The SP4 just likes to get hot. I've seen it happen in videos of other people's systems. I can provide links if you want.

  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Posted
23 hours ago, alex912005 said:

UPGRADE TIME!!!

P1020352.jpg

P1020353.jpg

 

Gonna have to re-upload all the old pics. Something happened to them.

Tuned in... weird that the images pop up once I quoted you ?‍♂️

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1141 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...