6.5 Component Sets That Are Bass Heavy...

ptcary

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I am running the ssmb6 midbasses in my front doors as part of my front stage 3 ways, so a kicker set would be ok in the wall. I'll have to see what their component sets sound like.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Ok, after all the reading and reasearch, it's down to Dayton or Selenium 6.5s, I am leaning towards the Daytons as I already have their tweets in the car and will add 2 more with the 6.5s.

The Selenium 6w4p is very nice, too, probably better in the midbass, so I have to look into them, too.

A lot of the good prefab component sets out there are brighter colors, with logos all over the them. I need an all black speaker, so that cuts down my choices.

With the Daytons and the Seleniums being cheap at Parts Express, I can't complain too much!

I'll post up some pics eventually when I start a member/build post about the wall. Just getting started on it all this weekend.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

i need a good comp set too, wanna post some links of what ur gettin?

Loganberry, I can't access parts-express from work, it's blocked, but tonight when I get home, I will post some links, I made my own 3 ways for the front, Poor mans 3-ways; with each door getting a Kicker SSMB6 midbass ($69 a pair), dash has Peerless/Vifa TG9 3.5 midranges ($30 each), and sail panels have Dayton Tweeters ($5 each). An installer/friend is selling me some 3 way JL audio crossover to run them with.

For my Center channel on dash top, I have a Peerless 5.25 mid ($11 on sale at Madisound) and a Dayton tweeter ($5).

For the rear fill/midbass going into my wall with 8 12"s, I now plan to try a pair of the Dayton or Selenium 6.5s from parts-express, along with another pair of the Dayton tweeters, I will run them with some 2-way Hifonics crossovers that I already have.

Your budget may be completely different from mine, I have a pro installer buddy, that has urged me to build it all myself, poor mans theme, cause I'm poor :lol::P !

If I was to go with a prefab set, I would probably get kicker, CDT Classics, or MB Quart Discus-- all the low level lines from each of those companies. I won't be running enough watts to need any really high end components. My amp is 100w x 4 rms for all the mids/highs.

I can post parts express and madisound links tonight to the speakers I run, or if you want, just go to parts express to the 6 1/2 sections and search the Selenium and Dayton, carefully review the specs for each and see what works for you.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

The hv165L's are around 300 for the pair, no x-over

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

wat bout this

this is from NDMustang65

They said the 6x9 had the 4awg direct connect wires going to the coil to keep the resistance down...but i duno..here's a pic..what you think?

Posted Image

edit: i'm only joking guys i know this is fake so don't really say wat is that blah blah blah... i copied it from NDMustang65 from another topic

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

i need a good comp set too, wanna post some links of what ur gettin?

Loganberry, here are some links: I read your RE Component post, and I think you want/need really bright tweeters, so these Daytons will not work for you, I had really bright Hifonics tweets and they were to much for me, so I replaced them with these Daytons for that reason alone. Also, none of these speakers come with any type of crossover, but passives can be made very easily with capacitors/resistors, or you can buy prefab crossovers.

**Again, please keep in mind that my goal is very different from yours, as I will be running a lot less power. Mine is/was to build component sets myself, with speakers from brands that have been interested in for some time now. I have so many other custom things going on with my PT right now, so I stick to rather inexpensive speakers and I am a shark for the sale sections online! :D

Kicker 6.75" midbass:

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pr...ProductID=14424

Selenium 6w4p mid/woofer:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=264-422

Dayton 6" mid/woofer:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=295-372

Dayton 3/4" 6 ohm tweeter - most definately not bright/harsh:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=275-030

Peerless/Vifa TG9 3.5" midrange- very nice mid that goes way up high like a tweeter, these are very well know to be great mids:

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_i...roducts_id=1616

Peerless 5.25 for center channel, requires at least 3" mounting depth, though, and a seperate tweeter, don't let the pic fool you, its big!:

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_i...roducts_id=1643

I hope this helps you by at least giving you more options. I'm sure you have more budget to spend for your set, and if you are interested in using 2 tweeters per side, you must want/need really bright highs in your truck. You can certainly get a prefab component set that has bright tweets, and then add a second set of tweets if you decide you still need them. I would go with the biggest midbass that you can fit into your factory doors, unless you are going to custom doors, then I would actually suggest you get two components sets per door, that would give you plenty of extra mids/highs to go with your new subs.

**All these speakers were selected by me for my personal tastes, and then to add to areas of my front stage that I felt were lacking. I have never competed in SQ and will never do so, if SQ perfection is what you are after, then I am sure that you will want to look at other speakers, and there are plenty of SQ experts here to help you with that. I just want loud, crystal clear mids/highs, and decent midbass, I can always adjust my eq to change their sound.

BTW, Loganberry, are you tuned to 37 hz??? How do you like that frequncy for tuning??

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=21036

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Archived