Sonic Electronix

Sup SMD Forums,

I've been thinking a lot about my current sound system and what to do next. Money is tight so trying to make the right choices here.

So in my '15 tC I got a Rockford T2D215 hooked up to a Skar RP-1500.1d, with stock battery 530cca, and stock 100amp alternator with Big 3.

The way my amp is tuned I still don't know 100% if I'm getting full potential because I don't know my headunit max clean volume level. Still sounds really good though, no overheating, burnt smells, and no distortion.

So I wanna get a bigger amp for this one sub, currently looking at RP-2000.1 and BRX-2400.1

I wanna know what I need to do for electrical to support it. I've always preferred having a single battery so was wondering if I can manage that. A high output alternator costs some money but can I manage with my stock one Still? If I stay with my stock alt, is there a single battery that'll work or is a secondary required? Picking a secondary battery has been difficult mainly because I don't know how much more amps I need, and also I have no idea how I'll mount it since my box takes up 90% of space.

If I can't get answers then just mention what numbers I need to look for and what math I need to do. I built my own box so I can figure some things out but I don't remember everything now and I'm gonna have to relearn when I make a new box lol.

Purpose of this post is for advice, discussion, and maybe help others that are similar to me. Thanks in advance

2015 Scion tC

DieHard AGM Battery, Stock Alternator, with Big 3

Alpine CDA-105, Hertz Energy 6.5" 3 Way Components, Skar TX65 Coaxials

Rockford Fosgate T2D215

Skar RP-1500.1D and RP-150.4AB

If you wanna have a single battery get a big group 31 agm, if you have the space under the hood. You'll probably be dropping to 12 volts or less. Also those amps are kinda on the cheap side. I would get an amp that has a clip light on the gain knob. This way you know when you're getting full potential and when you're clipping.

47 minutes ago, alex912005 said:

If you wanna have a single battery get a big group 31 agm, if you have the space under the hood. You'll probably be dropping to 12 volts or less. Also those amps are kinda on the cheap side. I would get an amp that has a clip light on the gain knob. This way you know when you're getting full potential and when you're clipping.

Ok I'll check out some group 31s. Any recommendations on a better amp. I was thinking close to 2500rms preferred. Also that clip light on helps me tune the amp, I still don't know what volume for my CDA-105. Waiting to find someone with a SMD DD-1. If anyone near Vista, San Marcos, Carlsbad, CA area with a DD-1 hit me up please?

2015 Scion tC

Rockford Fosgate T2D215

That amp should be perfect for that woofer. Get a dd1 and do it right. Clip lights on bass knobs are not acurrate. Also get the biggest agm u can fit under your hood and another large agm in the rear. But honestly the best thing is a ho alt.

41 minutes ago, mathewyocham said:

That amp should be perfect for that woofer. Get a dd1 and do it right. Clip lights on bass knobs are not acurrate. Also get the biggest agm u can fit under your hood and another large agm in the rear. But honestly the best thing is a ho alt.

1500 is good for the sub but I feel it can easily handle a lot more. Yeah I'll have to see what batteries I can fit and just pick one. And yeah I do wanna tune my setup properly before I get something, all the DD-1s are sold out so I'm trying to find someone nearby that has one

I had my friend tune my amp with a DD-1 but we just set it to whatever volume level we felt like because he said we couldn't find the max nondistorted volume level without a speaker amp (not my sub amp). Which is wrong I believe so that's dumb..

2015 Scion tC

Rockford Fosgate T2D215

If u do feel like upgrading i do think the skar rp2k will suffice. For the price and power id choose it over most other 2k amps. Ive ran my skar amps for a while now with no issues.

2 hours ago, Wishuponasub said:

You may be able to find someone here.

I got a feeling it's too outdated. Someone near me is now in TX.

1 hour ago, mathewyocham said:

If u do feel like upgrading i do think the skar rp2k will suffice. For the price and power id choose it over most other 2k amps. Ive ran my skar amps for a while now with no issues.

Thanks for the info, yeah I like my Skar, just unsure about the Hifonics for the same price

2015 Scion tC

Rockford Fosgate T2D215

22 hours ago, krazz619 said:

1500 is good for the sub but I feel it can easily handle a lot more. Yeah I'll have to see what batteries I can fit and just pick one. And yeah I do wanna tune my setup properly before I get something, all the DD-1s are sold out so I'm trying to find someone nearby that has one

I had my friend tune my amp with a DD-1 but we just set it to whatever volume level we felt like because he said we couldn't find the max nondistorted volume level without a speaker amp (not my sub amp). Which is wrong I believe so that's dumb..

You can actually. Just scope the rcas before they go into the amp.

The member map is only as updated by the members who voluntarily update their info. Mine is up to date, along with many others. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived