ShadeTreeMechanic Posted December 14, 2017 Report Posted December 14, 2017 I have a pair of HDS3.1 in 4 cubes each tuned to 34hz. I run them on an FSD 5000D at 1/2 ohm. They are way overpowered and I have banged on them every day for the last two years. When I smell the voice coils I turn it down a little. 91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco) 250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon) G65 AGM Up Front / Two G31 AGM in Back Pioneer 80PRS CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon) Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)
WalledSonic Posted December 14, 2017 Report Posted December 14, 2017 1 minute ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said: I have a pair of HDS3.1 in 4 cubes each tuned to 24hz. I run them on an FSD 5000D at 1/2 ohm. They are way overpowered and I have banged on them every day for the last two years. When I smell the voice coils I turn it down a little. Why dont you have a build log?? haha I didnt know you were tuned so low man Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ (4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ IG @walledsonic
ShadeTreeMechanic Posted December 14, 2017 Report Posted December 14, 2017 8 minutes ago, WalledSonic said: Why dont you have a build log?? haha I didnt know you were tuned so low man Crap. I meant to put 34hz not 24. sorry. lol I had some threads showing my box build and other things but FotoFucket ruined it and I haven't gotten around to fixing it. 91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco) 250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon) G65 AGM Up Front / Two G31 AGM in Back Pioneer 80PRS CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon) Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)
WalledSonic Posted December 14, 2017 Report Posted December 14, 2017 1 minute ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said: Crap. I meant to put 34hz not 24. sorry. lol I was about to say, you and Cam should be BESTIES Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ (4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ IG @walledsonic
SkarredSierra Posted December 14, 2017 Report Posted December 14, 2017 The old hds3 subs are beasty but the newer style look weak af.
AlexwiththeCanyon Posted December 14, 2017 Report Posted December 14, 2017 If you're going to upgrade power then go s3 or if you're comfortable running that amp at 1 ohm. If not just go to the s2 and call it a day.
sumgruuvz Posted December 14, 2017 Report Posted December 14, 2017 7 hours ago, WalledSonic said: When the word "Bargain" is in the company name, you have to think twice and wonder "is this a good idea?" A bargain for b-stock sundown sa10 doesn't sound like much of a bad idea. OP listed his budget and I shot out an idea. Just trying to help a brotha out. But...to each their own.
WalledSonic Posted December 14, 2017 Report Posted December 14, 2017 40 minutes ago, sumgruuvz said: A bargain for b-stock sundown sa10 doesn't sound like much of a bad idea. OP listed his budget and I shot out an idea. Just trying to help a brotha out. But...to each their own. CAB1600 has been tested and does make some power at an amazing price, but the fail rate is high on those amps. Its kind of a dicey move. Like Boss Audio... it may shit the bed the first day on the job, or it might provide a reliable thousandish watts. Skar has got to be one of the best reliable bang for your buck amps out there. But thats what a forum is for, exchanging ideas. Not hating on you sir. ?? Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ (4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/ IG @walledsonic
sumgruuvz Posted December 14, 2017 Report Posted December 14, 2017 5 minutes ago, WalledSonic said: CAB1600 has been tested and does make some power at an amazing price, but the fail rate is high on those amps. Its kind of a dicey move. Like Boss Audio... it may shit the bed the first day on the job, or it might provide a reliable thousandish watts. Skar has got to be one of the best reliable bang for your buck amps out there. But thats what a forum is for, exchanging ideas. Not hating on you sir. Not taken as such, bud. I was referring to a new sub he'd asked about. With his current enclosure and amp he has, I think for the amount he wants to spend, a b-stock sa10 would be a lot better than what he has. It would be underpowered a bit, but would probably fit his bill.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.