Second Skin Audio

Ported Box Recommendations for 2 Treo RSX 10's???

Isroufe

Hey guys,

Building a box for 2 Treo RSX 10's for my wife's Jetta. 

Manufacturer's specs for 1 sub are 1.3ft^3 net volume with 12"^2 of port area at 14"long.

Thus, I am thinking of building 2.6ft^3 net with 24"^2 port area 14" long. Anyone have any experience with these subs/their tuning and can tell me if other specs might sound better or if I am on the right track? Any direction will be much appreciated.

Thanks!!!

2017 F-150 3.5L Screw EcoBoost XLT Sport

- Factory HU + Lc7i  + Zapco I-4100 + Morel Tempo + SQ 2250 + Fi SSD Neo 15

1 hour ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

How much power are you going to be running?

Right around 750 watts

So here is a suggestion based on manufacturer suggestion, and your vehicle space (check), subs / port firing back, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

tr10.jpg

tportsingle.jpg

7 hours ago, Joe X said:

So here is a suggestion based on manufacturer suggestion, and your vehicle space (check), subs / port firing back, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

tr10.jpg

Awesome, thanks for taking the time to help me out! So the port you're suggesting is about 7.25"^2 greater in area than recommended and nearly 5 inches longer (which seems reasonable because Treo's recommended seems really small). Were the port numbers generated from a program or you personal experience?

Thanks!

Everything I post is based on calculations, the slight extra port area can help you if you were to run some extra power and to be a little more efficient other than that there are no other side effects, tuning is about the same as the manufacturer suggests, you just need to make sure the box will fit in its way in. If you have any other questions let me know.

4 hours ago, Joe X said:

Everything I post is based on calculations, the slight extra port area can help you if you were to run some extra power and to be a little more efficient other than that there are no other side effects, tuning is about the same as the manufacturer suggests, you just need to make sure the box will fit in its way in. If you have any other questions let me know.

You're the man. Thanks

Archived