have loc with subwoofer and amp running the sub

haskos1989

if i have a subwoofer running with big amp from line output converter with stock head unit

will the same rca comming from line output converter be able to be used with mids and highs amp will it provide mids and highs with sound or is loc only for subwoofers

im not looking to upgrde my head unit so can i do it of stock one ? can i use same loc for mids and highs or tweeters ?

You need to get a seperate LOC for the mids/highs unless you can find a 5-6 channel LOC

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2018 at 8:35 PM, haskos1989 said:

CAN I USE THIS INSTEAD OF ANOTHER LOC

th (1).jpg

Unless I am just missing something, you can use this. Does the LOC have a level control on it? You probably wouldn't want to use a single LOC for all speakers if it has a level control.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

19 minutes ago, ckeeler11 said:

I have used this line driver before and very solid product. Best option other than a DSP IMO. especially for people wanting to keep there stock HU but have a full system.

Just my 2 cents

IMG_2326_zps3urdazoy.jpg

This was the set up in the wifes 2012 Malibu with stock HU. Worked well except car chimes ran thru the system being amplified to mids & highs speakers, First time working with newer GM HU. I decided to replace HU and in doing so was able to remove the LC7 and make room for another amp.

IMG_2407_zpsou0ld1z8.jpg

This is how it ended up. P200-2 for twt, P500-4 for front T3 6.5 drivers, rear for T16x9's in rear deck. And a 1999 Power 1000a1 to run the T1D412. 

IMG_2418_zpshml7pyhc.jpg

Replaced stock HU with a $180 Kenwood and what a night & day difference in SQ with same set up.

Archived