Question about door pods

sTp

Hi guys i am currently making my door pods and have fixed all the speaker rings into the door card with hot glue and wood braces but was wondering has anyone ever used expanding foam to fill the places where you can't reach to make it more stable?

Expanding foam sands very easy but u still need fiberglass to shape the pod I’ve never seen foam as the final coat.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

it won't be the final part was going to stretch the fleece and fiberglass it first and then use some expanding foam on the voids where i couldn't get bracing on the speaker ring's but didn't know if it was a waste of time.

I can get a photo up later as it might explain it better.

Like the idea but don’t think its needed kind of over kill . Maybe someone else will chime in .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Fiberglassingpassangerdoor2014003_zps337

Fiberglassingpassangerdoor2014008_zpsc3a

doorspeakers2014001_zpsd3b3fb1a.jpg

doorpanel001_zps931c7c4b.jpg

IMG_1906_zps0e37f717.jpgIMG_1909_zps4c164b4c.jpg

IMG_2516_zps6x8fjvi4.jpg

IMG_2527_zpsflofojn2.jpg

IMG_2528_zpsl5ynle7k.jpg

IMG_2559_zpsla5envas.jpg

Just some pics of what i did. Most everything worked out but the far left pocket the fiber glass loosened up a bit making some noise. Not much but i plan to use expanding foam to make that area more ridged.  It only happens when HPF filter is @ 80 hz, 100 hz & up noise is gone. so over kill isn't a bad thing IMO.

18 minutes ago, 8ten8 said:

In between the dowels in the kicks...looks like gel. What is that? Super nice doors Btw!

I hot glued the MDF ring, dowls & wire mesh solid before fiber glassing for strength. After fiber glassing was done i used kitty hair bondo for added strength, after primer and paint i used Stinger Expert Road Kill deadening inside and then cover with Dynomat 1/4" acoustic foam. These needed to be a solid as possible, each 8" is seeing about 250 watts. Each T2 6.5's are seeing around 125 watt each.

Thanks man, it was my first attempt at doors and second round on the kick panels. First set was for 6.5" in the kick panels, but with speakers in the stock location also i felt like there was some cancellation of sound due to angles. And to be honest i wanted more mid bass up front. It did the trick.

Archived