Second Skin Audio

New sub stage design & Ideas help on 03 Lancer.

bcbrassard

I have been running 2 HDS310's in a Joe x designed box for a couple years and would like to change it up. Running them off a RF T1500 @ 1 ohm, so close to 2k on power. enclosure tuned to 34 hz i believe.

Space is tight unless i learn to build inside the trunk(Which i have never done before). Subs sound ok but i have always thought i was under powering them and would lie to try a different/better sub. I don't think with my dimensions i can run 2 12" but that would be the goal if possible. Subs where firing & facing into the cab which is what i want to keep it at on the new design. Leaves some room for batteries and a amp rack in the trunk.

Current box dimension:

38"W x 16"H x 13"D  So 3.544 cu ft minus port & subs. I think i might be able to get a wedge shape box in the trunk, that puts depth of bottom at @ 16" & top still at 13". 3.982 cu ft minus port & subs.

Opening of the trunk is small even though the trunk is pretty good size. Here are pics of current box, trunk set up before tear down and trunk as is.

newenclosure2014001_zpsfa1bad85.jpg

Subupgrade2014013_zpsae966458.jpg

Note: redoing electrical runs so those wont be like that when i am finished.

IMG_2592_zpsrkjo7z19.jpg

This gives an idea of space i am working with. I want to mount the batteries in the spare tire well side by side, build a new floor and a amp rack over the battery bank. This design and set up was for easy removal. Now that i have new coil spring and shocks in the rear its time to get the amps off the enclosure and make some beauty panel. Plus simplify the electrical wiring.

IMG_0181_zpsf2i5gzq4.jpg

IMG_0185_zps0dql3tkt.jpg

Batteries like this.

IMG_0193_zpslrgcylhw.jpg

IMG_0192_zps3zbt8jkl.jpg

I was think Some Sundowns or Fi's would be nice to try. Not sure either will cost a lot to get up Here in AK. 

Thanks for any input and help, enclosure design is my weakest attribute in car audio. 

14 minutes ago, bmwking said:

AA Mayhems ship free from the SSA store :)  just a thought

I appreciate any and all suggestions. I will look into them. Any recommendation on which series would handle 2k? I been a Rockford nut huger for years since i don't know to many other brands.

Thanks again. I know its hard to get a box design without the subs picked out.

I just looked them up, Chaos series looks like the right rms but only free shipping to "the 48 states" ha ha Alaska not parts of the states in most companies mind due to shipping rates. Kinda ya i have bought most of my equipment from amazon. Sa-12's off amazon would run me about $650.

1 hour ago, bcbrassard said:

I just looked them up, Chaos series looks like the right rms but only free shipping to "the 48 states" ha ha Alaska not parts of the states in most companies mind due to shipping rates. Kinda ya i have bought most of my equipment from amazon. Sa-12's off amazon would run me about $650.

balls! i totally didnt consider the "lower 48" thing.  my B. 

what about ebay?

Previous build was nice and clean.  Looking forward to see what you end up doing.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

54 minutes ago, WalledSonic said:

Previous build was nice and clean.  Looking forward to see what you end up doing.

Thanks man, i appreciate it.

59 minutes ago, bmwking said:

why not even look into the HDC3 or 4?  (not sure if they make them in 10s, or if you even want to stay 10s)

Looking for less powerful subs or better SQ.

Archived