96 Thunderbird very slow daily build

I'm diggin' the Kawasaki lime green!

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had 5 Kaw's and none of them have been green.

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I got a little more work done and made a few mistakes. ?First mistake was underestimating how much of a pain it was going to be trying to make this wall as big as possible (compound angles apparently not my strong suit). and another was going a little overboard with spray foam lol.

First was welding in a good ground point. The car is uni body so I tried to pick the meatiest part of the body to attach things too. 

113YC2E.jpgYlUiNte.jpg

I'm going to attach two 1/0 cables to this and run them to a distribution block for the amps

mcBYE1V.jpg

This is starting on the back wall. The lower frame and upper piece sandwich over whats left of the rear deck and is screwed and glued into the body.

S1lSsbU.jpg

Here is a shot of the first layer of the upper side of the wall and second back wall

v3gqH2V.jpg

1SC3TAv.jpg

I have to make a angled piece for the top to back connection but I thing i might try just fiber glassing all the weird angled sections that i'm going to have left 

D819efl.jpg

This probably isn't the best idea but I had to relocate the upper seat belt mount so I could get the wall all the way over and sealed off. Here is the new upper mount it will be bolted and welded to the factory location and surrounded by layers of the wall.

UMfEr94.jpg

tXlSM3y.jpg

h6zGsWD.jpg

And here's one of the fuck ups.

8Lh6VW1.jpg

1Xr6MIY.jpg

It looks like I might have went a little too heavy on the spray foam and it pushed out the bottom of the window just a little and it pealed the paint off the glass. I think to fix it is I'm going to try and just cover the whole window with vinyl.

Alright so if my math is right (not going to hold my breath on that lol) with taking out displacements from all the odd angles I have about 27 cf internal airspace. 

Does that sound like enough airspace for 2 15's in a 6th order? The subs are ampere audio 4.0 15's but I'm not sure how the specs of my subs (being reconed and not factory) are going to compare to the factory subs. I should be getting my recone parts soon but I don't have the stock soft parts to compare too.

Digging the work man. 

Cardboard is your friend. Mock up that back corner with cardboard, trace onto plywood, and kreg that bitch in place. I believe in you. Lol

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

lol I actually borrowed a Kreg jig from my friend for this and so far only used it twice lol. But I think I'm going to try and take my time on the rest of the inside walls and try and get them a lot closer. I think i'm also going to do some 45's in the corners to try and add more strength.

Following!

Between Doug at SoundMan and this buildlog you guys are really making me miss my 1990 Thunderbird sc 35th anniversary. Should of kept that thing, but it never ran halfway decent and sold it for $800 because I was sick of replacing sensor after sensor to figure the thing out not knowing crap about cars at the time.

Archived