150 from the trunk? (Update) single Fi team 15 on Wolf 4.5k

After I left the lil get together last night I realized my bass knob was about a quarter turn down and I didn't give the car any gas... Took score from passenger kick panel area. First time metering anything. Car has more in it. Original plan was two X12's but I didn't want to build box in trunk and I got a SUV so I chilled on the 150 number ( I had no clue what a 150 took until I sat in a 150db vehicle). I understand 5db is a lot. I'm confident that 2 2500rms 12's on a lot of power will get me close. Not chasing numbers cause I love music but I'm rebuilding soon. Thinking a 5k board wired down might have a lil something to say. Lol. I should've left that damn meter alone. 

Rebuild time. Thinking team Fi 15 on Wolf 4.5k 

Goals... Louder, lower, cleaner. Not going for numbers but would like a respectable score @<40hz.

4ft³ tuned to 31-32hz?

Mechman 270 ( installed) 1-xp3000 ( will add 1 more) Bosch g24 AGM under hood. (Keeping) 

Doubling up certified basshead 1/0 gauge throughout

Pioneer avh 4200nex ( have already)

Wolfram 4.5k & 2x 125.4 ( have already)

Pioneer pro 8's and 6.5's in front doors...

Pioneer pro 6.5 rear doors

Rear deck speaker delete and sealed off...

Pioneer pro bullets in A pillars...

Sound deaden doors and roof with second skin.

Thoughts? 

Colin is a good dude, good choice on gear. Single 15 on that power will STILL be a very difficult task. If I were you, and I'm not, I'd use the airspace more wisely and do a couple of stout 12s that will take the power of the 4.5K(Fi, Crossfire, DC(yuck) or DD). That's my 2 pennies on the subject. I've built a few 150+ rides and 2 GOOD 12s on big power is how I'd chase great musical along with loud trunk build.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Gonna need more reserve sir. 

$0.02

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

I would do two stout 12's also, more motorforce and cone area, more power, etc.  

make your electrical so strong voltage barely drops, will help tremendously.  Of course it's your money, LOL

I love how you did a set up, seen what you wanted, now you're upgrading, just moving right along with the audio bug.  ?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

The problem is space. Only 12's I could use without building the box in the trunk would be a couple DC Audio level 5's or XL elites. DC states they only need 1.5-1.75 cubes each. With a 4ft³ for 2 sa 12's I was cramped and not getting more than 2 batteries (1 per side) in there. The skinny Northstar batteries would fit I believe tho. Both boxes I have now are absolute Max for each sz woofer. 36x14x24 with a 5x12x26" port tuned @35 ( 2 sa 12's) & 32x16.5x20 with a 15x3.5x27.5 port tuned @34 hz. Any taller on the 12's box and it wouldn't fit... And wider or deeper on the 15 box and it wouldn't fit. There's room in there to go 18 tall if I go to about an inch away from rear deck and room for 38" between the wheel wells. Biggest rectangular box would be 38x18x24 if I build it in the trunk but then there's no way to get batteries in after unless I go with Northstar behind the box but then.... Where do I mount the amps? Lol. I want to get louder, lower, and cleaner... But how? 

43 minutes ago, DiBo said:

You think 3xp3000's will be sufficient for the Wolf? There's a twisted 3.5 near me up for grabs too... I thought about it. Same board I guess tho.

Stick with the Wolfram and think about lithium man.  Its costly but it saves on weight, space, and allows me to wire my amps down in the dirt.  A 45Ah lithium with your current setup would probably make a difference, and an 80Ah would be perfect, no question.

Build the box in the trunk!  Check out @YukonXL04's build log.  He fit 7cubes in his trunk, with it ported thru the rear deck.  Pretty dope if you ask me.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Fi team 15 ordered. :popcorn2:. Stopped by Fi today. Was told to go team over sp4 and slap it into the box I have the U in and play with power and tuning. Lol. I can invert sub, mount normal, extend port internally, externally.... Options. Test test test. That was their suggestion. Haha. 2 ohm on the Wolf is 3k... 1 ohm on the Orion is 3k+... 1 ohm on Wolf 5k+/- and two Orion strapped is 5.8k. options. I bet the Orion now will beat the shit outta the team pretty decently. Especially with the additional batteries I'm adding. 

Depending on your impedence rise, that Orion might not "beat" the Team as much as you'd think. If you're only going with a single 15", you're going to struggle(likely) to get anywhere near a 150. The suggestion for 2 12" was to give you the advantage of more cone area and twice the motor force. Once you get the Team playing, ask yourself, "I wonder what 2 of these would sound like" and that's when 2 stout 12s would have answered that question. Building a box inside of a trunk is not always that tedious. If you have a Kreg jig and a small friend, you're golden.

I'm tuned in and curious where you'll end up on this road to 150. It's a fun milestone once you hit it, I'll tell you that. Having a fun, demo type vehicle and handing out smile after smile is equally(more in my opinion) satisfying. Take it to shows, demo the balls out of it and be happy.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived