150 from the trunk? (Update) single Fi team 15 on Wolf 4.5k

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ninja_v1.0 said:

op how are things coming along?

:ninja:

I just got 3/4 mdf cut for 2 boxes ( 5^³ for X's or better subs, 4^³ in case I decide to go with 1-15" or 2-12's for SQ) last night. I have four fi audio core2 15's being made rt now, two sa12's, two X12's, and I'm trying not to buy anymore woofers!! Lol. Gonna play with what I have. The FI 15's are dual 1.4 so the set makes a .7 load, 3 makes a .93 load and one makes a .7 load... About to have some fun!! Might run 6 in my Navi in sets of 3 at .93 on two amps. I'll decide on the Maxima when I start to build the box later today. This week's jus been planning and gathering build material and tools ( 1/4 flush trim and cutting router bits, new router table, plunge setup, jasper hole jig, kreg jig, titebondII, silicone, t nuts etc). Time to get busy. Pics of progress this weekend for certain. 

I seem to recall several 2x12 trunks do 150s with 5k+ of power. 

But it's never a guaranty, usually takes some testing an retuning/rebuilding to get there ?

14 hours ago, zxsonnyxz said:

I seem to recall several 2x12 trunks do 150s with 5k+ of power. 

But it's never a guaranty, usually takes some testing an retuning/rebuilding to get there 1f62c.png

That's pretty promising. Thanks for the encouragement. Space is turning out to be a crippling factor it would seem. Battery placement is killing me and may not be possible unless I leave the batteries in a permanent location. I wouldn't be able to remove for maintenance or a bad battery... 1 extra cubic foot is pissing all in my mini wheats rt now. 

Once the box is built in I won't be able to squeeze the batteries in the rear quarters like I did before. I thought about tilting it up and squeezing the batteries in the spare tire well but the Box being 17 inch tall won't allow me to lift it up high enough to get the batteries under there... ?

Archived