Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I've been dabbling with my 3d printer and I want to custom print an online rca bass knob. My question is can anyone recommend good RCA female ends of the solder variety, and what size and style of potentiometer to use. So far on the RCA ends all I can find is generic cheap ones from China or gold plated semi generic ones on Amazon. Potentiometers I can find about a thousand different ones lol. Any help would be appreciated. 

Posted
13 hours ago, Justin_1990 said:

That's essentially what I'm needing but I want just the connectors. I have the wires for them looking for just the end connectors. 

Parts Express.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Posted
14 hours ago, Justin_1990 said:

That's essentially what I'm needing but I want just the connectors. I have the wires for them looking for just the end connectors. 

Digikey, or just scrap some Monoprice cables for their terminals. Can't go wrong with 99% of Monoprice. 

Posted

I've got about 6 different models going atm. I'll post some pics when its decided on or done. I'm still trying to figure out what potentiometer to use. I know I need a dual gang linear taper but having a hard time find info on the resistance to use. I've seen lc1s using 20k but I've seen others using 50k. 

Posted
On 5/15/2018 at 10:23 PM, Justin_1990 said:

I've got about 6 different models going atm. I'll post some pics when its decided on or done. I'm still trying to figure out what potentiometer to use. I know I need a dual gang linear taper but having a hard time find info on the resistance to use. I've seen lc1s using 20k but I've seen others using 50k. 

My LC1 is 50k.  50K gives full attenuation, I wouldnt do less than that.

You can find a ton of pots on Parts Express.  
https://www.parts-express.com/cat/potentiometers/2030?N=21127+4294967118+4294965298&Ne=10166&Nrs=collection()%2Frecord[endeca%3Amatches(.%2C"P_PortalID"%2C"1")+and+endeca%3Amatches(.%2C"P_Searchable"%2C"1")]&PortalID=1

image.jpg

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Posted

Hmmm weird. I just took mine apart and my lc-1 is def a b20k ? guess they just use what they got haha. I've got the pots covered my main concern is now the rca ends. Thanks for the info though man its helpful!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 941 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...