Killing batteries please help!!

You could also Check for a parasitic draw? Theres videos on youtube on how to do that. Maybe something is draining ur car slowly over night, by the time morning comes and u try to start it, it dont got all the juice needed. On my 06 charger i found out i had a short in the dashbezel/coinholder cig lighter. By the time i found its fuse in the fuse box it was already blown, my battery was dead in the morning. Had AAA recharge it and it was dead again by the next morning. That second time im not sure if i mightve had the trunk light on for too long because i was workin on my car for a while. 

Good idea to disconnect ur Negative battery terminal if ur gonna have any doors or hoods open for a long while. Those lil lights that come on when a door/hood is open will drain on the battery some. 

Let us know when u get it solved. Goodluck.

I read some place that using 2 different batteries can cause this kinda stuff to happen, I myself just had 2 batteries go bad one Delco 7 yr lasted 10+ and a Energie PB1600 (less then 2 yrs old), took both them outta the picture and got a Optima Red Top and no problems what so ever.

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

1 hour ago, AlpineNut said:

I read some place that using 2 different batteries can cause this kinda stuff to happen, I myself just had 2 batteries go bad one Delco 7 yr lasted 10+ and a Energie PB1600 (less then 2 yrs old), took both them outta the picture and got a Optima Red Top and no problems what so ever.

I have thought about this.  I wonder for the time being if I should put the 1/0 that I ran from the alternator to the starting battery on the secondary battery and run the batteries completely separate   

6 minutes ago, Boulevardvette said:

I emailed XS Power to see if the different size batteries should be ran together and asked them about the need for an isolater

If they are Both XSPower then that will be fine if they are the same model #, running 2 diff brands all together can cause the issue I had.

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

34 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Running 2 different cells would cause the low cel to draw off the high cell. It wouldnt kill it. And if there is a parasitic draw, why does only the primary bat shit the bed.!?? While the secondary is fine...

Exactly 

Got this from XS Power

Hi,

Honestly, it is a problem that is really hard to pinpoint via an email.  When I read your description of the setup, I assume it is in a perfect world and all connections are good and there is no other issues.  what strikes me as an isolated incident is the fact your XS battery was unaffected.  If it were me, I would use the north star batteries as intended and as you paid for.  Run them full tilt if they are rated for the abuse you are putting them through. Other than that, I won’t have too much other advice since the vehicle isn’t here in front of me.

Let me know if I can assist you with anything further.

Best regards,

Chris Miller

Customer Service Manager

XS POWER

2847 John Deere Dr.

Suite 102

Knoxville, TN 37917

I've been running my 8.5 year old Yellow Top Batteries with my 6 year old XS Power XP3000 and XS D2400 with no issues. My batteries lasted this long probably because I keep my car on the Ctek 7200 charger overnight every night.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Archived