Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

Recently sold my F250 and picked up a 2011 2500hd Silverado. Have a couple of questions as I am planning on what to do.

Gonna re-use the Pioneer I had in the old truck. Looking for some suggestions on front 6.5" components. Would like to stay around $200-250. For the rear doors (I have kids that watch movies) I will just run the matching coaxial that I run up front. Looking for something that is efficient since I am just going to run them off deck power. Want a smooth sounding tweeter. Will sound deaden/seal doors. Will try to put the Tweet in the factory location on the a-pillar.

Secondly, I picked up a shallow 12" to go under the rear seat from Stereo Integrity. I will make a box @ .65cf per SI recommendations. But, generally what sounds best, down firing into floor, or up into bottom of seat? Thinking of running a Pioneer GM-D9601

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Amplifiers/GM+Digital+Series/GM-D9601

http://stereointegrity.com/product/bm-mk-v-12-subwoofer/

 

Posted

Watever components you get my suggestion is get a 4 channel to power them. Stock amps or headunits, even aftermarket, rarely have the power to properly drive nicer components. I ran my jbls on the factory amp in my durango for awhile. They sounded ok. Once i put them on amp power tho it really was a huge difference.

Posted

Don't want to amp the doors. That is why I was thinking something efficient. This truck is used to pull my toyhauler on trips mainly. I have a daily driver that I have a full active setup. 

 

Posted

Efficiency means absolutely dick when the set is only gettn 15 to 20 watts rms if that. Most upper tier components have an rms over 75 watts. Factory amps usually have a preset eq depending on the channel wich usually wont match up with wat the speakers need and will cause distortion at moderate levels or lower sometimes. The only real way to get full clean sound is to amp them. Otherwise u might as well buy cheap shit. Distortion will most likely kill anything u put in within a year or so.

Posted

https://www.ctsounds.com/products/strato-6-5-pa-comp

High efficiency speakers (96db woofer and 92db tweeter @1w/1m).

If you decide to amp the speakers, and want to do so with as little effort and cost as possible, check out the new Kicker Key amp: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-adfoU1a4vCI/p_206KEY1804/Kicker-KEY180-4.html 

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 941 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...