Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Truck Blow-through sound quality, HELP!


aburger

Recommended Posts

Posted

Why dont you like the idea of going with a 4th order bandpass?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

Ignorance really. I'm not sure what kind of sound I would get? I'm so used to sealed boxes that I think I've gotten used to the sound. Since I listen to punk/rock mostly, I like the sound i get from a sealed enclosure. But again, I don't really have a basis for comparison. I'll have to look on youtube for some examples. Guess I can't completely dismiss it, especially since the hole is already cut. Thanks!

  • 2 months later...
Posted

Well, after thinking about it, I decided to go with (4) 8" CT Sounds Tropo subs. The boots on, the box is in and sealed, and I'm working on the wiring this next couple weeks. Thanks for everyones input, it was most appreciated.

Posted

Keep us updated.....

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

Posted

I'd like to see the end result as well. Thanks

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

Here's a pic of the box with the subs test fit, and the box installed. I'll add more pics as I go through them.

installed.jpg

subs.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6441 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...