Connecting 4 ch amp to head unit, 4 speakers 1 sub

Hi all. Hope someone can advise me.

I have a 4 channel amp and a head unit with a pair of rca outs for front and a pair for rear. Also a sub out.

Would like to connect 2 front speakers (6in 3 way) and 2 rear speakers (4in 3 way) as well as a 12in sub all to a 4 channel amp.

I would assume it's best to bridge the channel 3 and 4 on the amp to the sub but not sure how to connect the hu to the amp.

Welcome....

Front speakers to ch 1 &2 of amp.

Rear speakers to rear output high signal from HU.

Sub bridged to ch 3 & 4.

You really don't need rear speakers amplified, especially that small of speakers. This set will give you balance control, make your front stage sound the best and have a sub.

A 5 channel amp would solve all your issues though.

Good luck. 

The sub out is only if your running a seperate sub amp, in which case your not.  Set the head unit to flat and use the HPF on the amp, at least that’s what I would do.  As mentioned above, bridge the sub to channel 3 and 4.

What  deck and amp are u using?

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

run the front rcas to channels 1&2 on the amp run the Sub outs to channel 3&4 dont use the rear outputs  run the rears channels on the headunits output so just take out the old speakers and hook the new to the wires that are there or just use old speakers and dont buy new ones for the rear

29 minutes ago, CstrokerV said:

run the front rcas to channels 1&2 on the amp run the Sub outs to channel 3&4 dont use the rear outputs  run the rears channels on the headunits output so just take out the old speakers and hook the new to the wires that are there or just use old speakers and dont buy new ones for the rear

Already have new rear 4in pioneers.

Also there is only one sub out on the hu??

1 hour ago, PaCiFiKbAllA said:

The sub out is only if your running a seperate sub amp, in which case your not.  Set the head unit to flat and use the HPF on the amp, at least that’s what I would do.  As mentioned above, bridge the sub to channel 3 and 4.

What  deck and amp are u using?

Regards the bridging sub to 3 and 4, should i run the rear rcas from the hu to the amp to the inputs of channels 3 and 4?

Archived