Bret Posted November 27, 2018 Report Posted November 27, 2018 This might be a dumb question. I need to crank the head unit volume up higher than my front stage can handle, so I can set the gain on my sub amp. I can't find a feature on my Alpine head unit to simply mute my front speakers. Any ideas besides physically unhooking the wires?
Kyblack76 Posted November 27, 2018 Report Posted November 27, 2018 Unplug and tape off the incoming rcas SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Bret Posted November 27, 2018 Author Report Posted November 27, 2018 Sorry I forgot to mention the head unit is plugged in to the factory wire harness and the speakers are wired there. No rca's. I am installing a DSP and an amp for my front speakers soon. Maybe I'll just wait till I do that before hooking up my new subs. It will make this easier.
mothra Posted November 27, 2018 Report Posted November 27, 2018 set the HPF on the fronts to a really high frequency if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
Bret Posted November 27, 2018 Author Report Posted November 27, 2018 OK that's a good idea. Ill give that a shot. Thanks.
reedal Posted November 27, 2018 Report Posted November 27, 2018 Or just disconnect the leads attached directly to the speakers and tape them off... SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
NWJLRU Posted January 12, 2019 Report Posted January 12, 2019 You could try fading the speakers to the rear or as previously mentioned disconnect the wires and tape them.
Bret Posted January 12, 2019 Author Report Posted January 12, 2019 Thanks for the suggestion. I found a feature on my head unit that switches off the internal amplifiers.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.