Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

My first "big" build. Plan was to put a Level 6 DC into my 68 Bug but I fucked up the paperwork. Had to sell it. Ended up putting it into my daily, a 98 Ram. But I didnt want to cut the bed or back wall. I decided to get a camper shell and remove the rear window.

Here is the truck when I first put on the shell.

vrWGV6ph.jpg

I was able to remove the rear window with just a razor blade and some time. I installed a rubber boot with no adhesive and it hasn't leaked yet. 

ycCvAcLh.jpg

Posted

When I first bought this truck I didn't plan on anything big in here. I was riding around with 2 DC m38s in a center console box and that alone would cause the back wall to reverberate. So since I was going bigger I knew I would have to do something about it. I decided against dynamat or similar since it won't really stiffen the panel, just reduce its resonance frequency so I went a different route. Cost was also taken into consideration. (I'm a cheap ass.) So 2x4's were glued to the rear wall with PL Premium.

Before:cFmBMZBh.jpg

After:xkZFvQOh.jpg

I left room for seat belt bolts:

YNGfXqfh.jpg

The kicker amps were temporary.

Posted

So I had a problem. The window was only 15 inches tall so the subwoofer was too big to fire foward into the cabin. So after a long think I came up with this design.

FYeUSuih.jpg

CCuOeejh.jpg

qbPZjnOh.jpg

Then started mocking it up.

rnYxfRzh.jpg

Cutting it close on the baffle.

IpzqOJqh.jpg

Forgot the clamps at work.

pDtthzUh.jpg

Test fit

gWFeD20h.jpg

4l3zFb7h.jpg

With sub in and gaps blocked off.

ujrZD4Zh.jpg

Posted

Tuned in, great work so far

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

The kid in the back is going to get their brain rattled........lol.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

Posted
11 minutes ago, twalker182 said:

The kid in the back is going to get their brain rattled........lol.

Hahaha, shouldn't be a problem, kids don't use their brains these days!!!

Posted

Surprised you didn't go with a bandpass enclosure. I know a lot of guys that have gone that route and used the top chamber as their ported and fire it into the cabin.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3329 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...