Second Skin Audio

Want to get some peoples opinion

spyder_2003

Hey just I'm pretty new to car audio. I just bought my first car a 1974 Pontiac Parisienne and It has a huge trunk with lots of potentials.  My budget is not very big, but I have a nice 18" subwoofer that really pounds and I wanted to put it in my car! I was wondering if anyone would suggest any box designs I want to make sure everyone at my high school hears me haha!

20181214_232742 (1).jpg

Welcome to the forum!  To be able to help you with a box design we will need to know specifically what sub you have, what amp you will be using, and what kind of music you listen to.  

As far as building a system that "everyone at your high school hears", I get that you are a teenager and when I was a teenager I would have wanted my system to do that too, but I'm not a teenager anymore and I understand that people with systems that are obnoxiously loud outside the vehicle are just being disrespectful to everyone around them.  People that play their obnoxiously loud systems around others make problems for everyone else in the basshead community (like sound ordinances).  If you want your system to be loud inside your car, by all means go for it man, but if you are going to be a nuisance with it, don't be that guy. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Good luck with Seismic Audio, one of the worst Pro Audio companies I ever had to deal with. 

The sub in question is the "San Andreas 18 inch" https://www.seismicaudiospeakers.com/collections/raw-speakers/products/18-inch-raw-subwoofer-driver-speaker-18 

I get it, its your first car and money is low and you just want to be bumping so that is understandable, we were all in the same situation at one point of our life or another! Im not going to lie I rigged some shit up back in the day when I first started driving and I thought I knew whats up then, looking back at it now I was just a young dumb idiot that was lucky to not burn his car to the ground... LOL 

Just be careful with that woofer because that company highly inflates their wattage ratings and it wont take much for it to to blow. I wouldnt give it more than its 500 watts rms rating, and in all seriousness Id only give it 350-400 watts rms of clean undistorted power and you should do okay with it. 

I listen to a lot of old rap and I run my 18 on a MTX thunder 801D and I'm just trying to bump on a budget haha so far I haven't had any issues with SeIsmic Audio but I do understand they lack some of the information that would be nice to have. I just was wondering for some suggested box designs for cruising around. If you have any other suggestions that are not way out of budget for subwoofers I'm all open.

Any pics of the car?

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

you need to post up what the maximum dimensions can be for a box. Height, width, depth. That way he knows what constraints he has to work with. Does no good for him to design a box that is 16" deep if you only have 14".

Archived