Another 6.5 speaker opnions. no vs

Dead Man

Hello all, Im new and old at the same time. been forever since ive posted lost all old info, so made this one. anyways im doing a budget build on my 2000 civic hatchback, im going to put 6.5 components up front and 6x9 in the rear, just filling the stock locations. my question. ive narrowed it down to, American bass, Soundqubed, or Hertz.  now this isn't a vs opinion, because ive never personally heard any of the 3 im sure all 3 are good in there on way, but im wanting the ones that are best at getting loud and clear. I play my music loud so louder the better lol.in my other cars ive went with Massive audio and they are good but dont get as loud as id like. so anyone with experience on the 3 id love to hear some opinions.or just trow out another brand ( no pioneer ) under 200. thanks for your time.

Always been impressed with Alpine type R mids , they love power and very clear.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Yeah I do need to do that, its just tough in my area to find a shop that has more that just the big box brands, and the Massive audio that I have in my other cars, at the time they was around 200. I dont even think they make them anymore in that series.im wanting to say they was L series but would have to look.

If you are asking “which will get louder” is is definitely a “verses” thread. 

You need more than drivers alone to get “loud” ... just saying

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Hearing mids in a store will not be even close to hearing them in a car , acoustics are way different, do a lot of research and price is not always the deciding factor. It’s not easy when I bought my type R mids had 85x4 going to them and thought they sucked, then was told they need way more power so I put 150x4 and those things came alive and made me a believer.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

All of the “Brands” have good sound and can “get loud”, but is all dependent on application (how you have them installed in your vehicle. 

Don’t be heartbroken when you but a set and it doesn’t fit your goals. Car Audio is all about trial and error. Just being honest.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived