Check out the SMD Store @ WcCarAudio.com!

ehall8702

Xfl coil is almost black

So today i did the thing every audiophile hates to do, gutted my stereo out of my blazer. Its amazing how many,many hours you can spend putting everything in ur ride and then can pull it all out in less than an hour! Worse part is im going to have to drive it till i sell it with a basic cd player and some cheap coaxials,  from almost 3k rms to maybe 60rms, gonna be a hard pill to swallow. 

Amyway, i pulled my sub out of the box to finish and bedline the box and noticed my voice coil is really dark, was wondering if thats a normal thing or not. Plays just fine, doesnt smell burnt and still looks in good shape minus the dark color. Should i be looking for a recone kit or should i not worry? Cant upload a pic for some damn reason,  if i shrink the pic anymore you wouldnt be able to tell what it even is. Anyways its real dark colored.

Even if it was not dark when you started, many hours of heating up will change the color of the coil.

7 hours ago, rocking.that.eclipse said:

DMM it just for shiggles and gits and see what is ohms out at

Both coils read 3.3 ( bounces 3.3-3.4) dc impedance. Guess its all good, gonna just keep running it and worry about it when it stops working correctly.