Sonic Electronix

Only have three group 31 AGM right now... So 1 [email protected] until more reserve?

Right now I have 4 Sundown X12 with 2 Apocalypse AAK-4000.1D amps. Finally got everything in besides the subs. Wondering if I should just go with 1 amp right now at .5 because I don't think I have enough reserve for 2 amps at 2 ohm strapped ( I ohm each). I need at least one more group 31 to feel comfortable with running two 4k's. 2 more preferably. Singer 320 alt btw. I've ran this apocalypse amp at .5 with just two group 31s before. What do y'all think?

You can always get another later so I’d say go for the single at .5 

plus by the time you want to upgrade those subs will be worn in a little so they will be able to take more 

for 8k worth of power I'd recommend a minimum of 6 g31 or 80-100ah of lithium.

I use agm and lithium. many people seem to think using both together will bring about the end of the world.
Yes agm can pull down lithium overtime. just like old/bad agms can pull down new agm's.
if you do it in a daily driver setup you will probably never see an issue. I know several people who have been running both for several years.
if you plan to let the vehicle sit for 3 days or more I recommend disconnecting the lithium. Mine is not a daily driver so mine aren't usually connect.

I agree and disagree. You need more reserve for 8k. Lithium and agm can be run together as Smoove said. Now for the part I disagree with sort of is the ah of lithium. There are different types of Lithium which you may not need as much reserve as others. I'm not bashing but I feel JY and Limitless are already kind of outdated at this point. These Cmax cells that are popping up are good for 8-10k clamped with a 45 ah cell. At least that's what I'm seeing and told. I hope so cuz I spent a little coin on the Cmax lol.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

26 minutes ago, Wishuponasub said:

I agree and disagree. You need more reserve for 8k. Lithium and agm can be run together as Smoove said. Now for the part I disagree with sort of is the ah of lithium. There are different types of Lithium which you may not need as much reserve as others. I'm not bashing but I feel JY and Limitless are already kind of outdated at this point. These Cmax cells that are popping up are good for 8-10k clamped with a 45 ah cell. At least that's what I'm seeing and told. I hope so cuz I spent a little coin on the Cmax lol.

Lithium titanate as well... LTO. better technology in my opinion than lithium phosphate. Lithium titanium oxide vs. Lithium phosphate. LTO is legit. Looking up Cmax lol

I live in PHX. it took me a while to trust JY during our hot summers. I'll let you folks test stuff like Cmax for me. With AZ heat I dont jump on every battery style that comes out.

Archived