Lithium help

Just got a limitless 70ah lithium and 25 amp limitless charger.

Couple questions first what should battery rest at?

When charging this battery do I more or less throw it on the charger till I want to use it before installing it, or should I not leave it on charger after fully charged?

My current system consists of singer 340 big 4 double run 1/0 ofc shca

4 runs 1/0 ofc shca to rear bank. 4 1/0 ofc shca frame grounds in front and back

4 xspower d3100s all powering 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s on 2 dc5ks each at. 9 ohms

2 mids and highs amps mmats sq4100 for mids skar sk85.4 for tweeters. 

Regardless removing rear banked batts. Do I delete xs d3400 underrhood. Or do I leave it separate it from the lithium and run d3400 only for car.

Ty any info appreciated

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

lithium batteries should only be charged on lithium battery chargers meant to charge that specific battery type

And the charger should cut off automatically when its full. and you should be able to leave it on as long as you want until you want to use it. but the charger cuts off so its the same as unplugging it as soon as the charger reads the battery as full.

I recommend charge it up to full. once full unplug the charger and leave the battery sitting until you want to use it. lithium batteries keep their charge for years only losing a few percent

lithium batteries sit at around 12.5 to a maximum of around 13v (absolute maximum safe voltage for most recent made 3-cell lithium batteries) it might be slightly lower to account for tolerance around the maximum. when fully charged fresh off the charger

It also depends on the lithium battery formulation and technology. some are slightly lower. lithium iron phosphate batteries have 4 cells to make 12v. each cell being about 2.5 fully discharged to 3.3v fresh off the charger

other high current capable lithium technologies have 3 cells to make 12v. from 3v to 4.2v per cell

Um. That's terrible resting voltages for lithium. Mine haven't been used in months sitting in the front room and they are in mid to high 14s. And that's only because they haven't been charged. Lithium tests alot higher than agm, that's why they say not to mix them because the agm rests lower.

You can run them together with no issues and I speak from experience. Its not the best idea to do it but you can. The agm will drag the lithium down when at rest which affects life expectancy somehow. Also the agm doesn't recharge as fast as lithium so it will pull from your lithium to recharge as well therefore your lithium is not able to perform at its finest for your amps.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

So wish do u run ur agm a starting battery and ur lithium separate.

Or should I just delete all agms and only use the lithium. Truck is daily driver. 

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

I did run them together for 8 months. I blew my amp and removed that setup. Working on something bigger and better now.

The best way to do it is to delete the front battery as well. All I was saying is you don't have to but yes it is better to do so. Being a daily driver makes the effect of the agm dragging the lithium down even less. With only 1 alternator you wouldn't really have a way to separate the 2. They would both be grounded to frame and both coming from same alt post so they would be connected whether you had runs between them or not.

Sorry I can't speak on limitless resting voltages but they should be higher than 13 for sure.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Really depends on the battery chemistry & how (if included) its BMS works.

Since a battery management system is pretty much a custom circuit that may come in hundreds of different configurations & features, it's worth calling the office of your lithium make/model and ask them for the proper storage,charging & discharge directions.

Some battery management systems might have fool proof charge regulating built in, others might not. 

Li-Ion, from what I've last heard doesn't like high or low storage voltages which can damage those type of cells quickly.

LiFePO4, from what I've last heard is alot more forgiving to high/low voltages & abuse but at the cost of some power density.

After installing my lith, i turned my ignition on and my voltage was 14.4 lol, i started trippen the fuck out and called xs power thinking they sent me a 14v model, turns out its normal for my pack.

So my main question is will deleting my starting battery and only having the limitless 70ah be ok for a daily driver or will I have issues with reliability like starting the truck etc. Sorry noob to all of this and just want to make the best decision before doing something that could potentially jeopardize the reliability of my truck being I drive it everyday.

Was just going to make a wood box size of d3400 stain and polyurethane it and leave wires more or less how they our minus starting battery

Archived